Which ‘21 Chebby 1500 Lt 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
    I just got a 21 with the 3.0 duramax Monday. I’m liking it so far. Mileage is decent around town and short trips. Averaging 23 or so. However, it doesn’t take much of a trailer to kill the mileage. My empty trailer for my side by side with short tailgate knocked it down to 12-13 mpg empty. I traded out of a 19 2500 duramax. The ride is really nice. Smooth and quiet.
    I’m ready for the Smooth ride for sure! Wanting to get rid of the diesel maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      Wanting to get rid of the diesel maintenance costs.
      And replace them with check engine, one headlight, and cylinder deactivation issues?

Comment

I have owned two of the 5.3’s. Never again. Weak and too many issues. If I was to go back to a GMC truck it would be the 6.2.

Buying a truck for gas mileage is not something I ever cared about when it came to owning a truck.

Comment

Had a 2013 5.3, 16' 6.2 and now a 21 5.3

The 2021 5.3 will break the tires loose from a 10 mph roll and that's with a fiberglass camper and bed FULL of gear for work. But, it's getting maybe 15 mpg.

It runs better than the 2013 (was in a Tahoe) but not as peppy as the 6.2. 6.2 got better mileage than the 5.3 does..both the 6.2 and the current truck are 4x4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2020 trail boss and love it. It averages 19mph

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              I have owned two of the 5.3’s. Never again. Weak and too many issues. If I was to go back to a GMC truck it would be the 6.2.

Buying a truck for gas mileage is not something I ever cared about when it came to owning a truck.
              Like I said, I own a f350 and it’s for pulling and when it gets thirsty, I just pull in a top it off without worrying about the cost . I almost don’t consider a 1/2 ton a truck so there’s that

I don’t pull heavy anymore and I’m not going to use it as a grocery hauler cuz it juss ain’t right in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                And replace them with check engine, one headlight, and cylinder deactivation issues?
                Dangit, your right but the new 6.2’s don’t have the Deactivation any more! And I think after 50 years they have Finally figured out the rt front parking lamp issue

Do they still come with a roll of bailing wire to keep them together?

NAh, we haven’t had 1 problem with our ‘16 BusUrban.

Comment

One of my buddies I hunt with has a new Trail Boss with the 6.2. We’ve used it several times in the last few months on trips to the lease hauling my Ranger Crew or his Mule with corn and other stuff and it’s never skipped a beat!

Comment

Which ‘21 Chebby 1500 Lt 4x4

I’m ready for the Smooth ride for sure! Wanting to get rid of the diesel maintenance costs.

No offense but your willing to drop $60k on a gasser truck but complain about a FEW extra $$ in maintenance?

That’s never made sense to me.

I go 7500-10k miles on regular Rotella in my dirty old Cummins and 15k on fuel filters. I bet I spend less than $500 per year more on maintenance than I would a gassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      No offense but your willing to drop $60k on a gasser truck but complain about a FEW extra $$ in maintenance?

That’s never made sense to me.

I go 7500-10k miles on regular Rotella in my dirty old Cummins and 15k on fuel filters. I bet I spend less than $500 per year more on maintenance than I would a gassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      It’s Ok, everyone has their opinions and I would feel the same way if I used it more! Unlike a lot of people I change my oil every 5k along with all filters! I only run my tires to 50 percent so cost replacement on tires alone is $1700 and climbing where a half ton is almost less than half of that with more miles per life at 50 percent.

This is a half ton thread not a Super duty thread

The half ton ride is definitely far superior to my 1 ton and my back needs that

I’ll be towing every once in a blue moon so I’m not concerned about that

Comment

Like I said, I own a f350 and it’s for pulling and when it gets thirsty, I just pull in a top it off without worrying about the cost . I almost don’t consider a 1/2 ton a truck so there’s that

I don’t pull heavy anymore and I’m not going to use it as a grocery hauler cuz it juss ain’t right in my book
                        I have a 2018 F 350 gasser and a 2020 F 150 with the 3.5 ecoboost with a 6” lift. Both are 4x4. And, both serve their purpose well. The 3.5 has really surprised me and gets used the most.

Comment

It’s Ok, everyone has their opinions and I would feel the same way if I used it more! Unlike a lot of people I change my oil every 5k along with all filters! I only run my tires to 50 percent so cost replacement on tires alone is $1700 and climbing where a half ton is almost less than half of that with more miles per life at 50 percent.

This is a half ton thread not a Super duty thread

The half ton ride is definitely far superior to my 1 ton and my back needs that

I’ll be towing every once in a blue moon so I’m not concerned about that

You’re certainly entitled to do what you feel is right but in my opinion you are wasting a lot of money with your maintenance program.

I typically run my vehicles at least 200k miles and I have/had 2 that are past 300k miles and I follow either the maintenance recommendation in the manual or whenever the indicators in the vehicle say it’s time.

And I certainly do not replace tire at 50% tread life.

My comment was based on the suggestion to get the 3.0 diesel over the 6.2 gas especially if you won’t be towing often and you’d like good mileage. My SIL bought a new GMC with the RST or terrain (can’t remember which one GMC uses) package and he’s getting 26mpg in mixed use driving around DFW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            You’re certainly entitled to do what you feel is right but in my opinion you are wasting a lot of money with your maintenance program.

I typically run my vehicles at least 200k miles and I have/had 2 that are past 300k miles and I follow either the maintenance recommendation in the manual or whenever the indicators in the vehicle say it’s time.

And I certainly do not replace tire at 50% tread life.

My comment was based on the suggestion to get the 3.0 diesel over the 6.2 gas especially if you won’t be towing often and you’d like good mileage. My SIL bought a new GMC with the RST or terrain (can’t remember which one GMC uses) package and he’s getting 26mpg in mixed use driving around DFW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            I’m just broken that way

I like the best traction I can get , after 50 percent the rubber gets hard and tread depth has decreased dramatically at that point! There may very well come the time that I won’t be able to afford to replace them so often but I am blessed to be able to now.

I am researching the lil duramax now though! Appreciate it

Comment

Got a 2020 Silverado 1500 WT, 5.3 motor and I get 17 mpg on it all the time. It does sit on 80 mph most of the time and in the 14 months I have put 55k on it. Only issue I have had is the complete radio electronics was replaced about 3 months into it. It’s acting up again but haven’t had the time to take it in. I replaced the air filter with a K&N filter and change the oil ever 7k miles. Don’t tow very often with it right now, but will be pulling a double kayak trailer on the weekends after the first of the year. Been wanting to get rid of it but can’t find anything I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                                Got a 2020 Silverado 1500 WT, 5.3 motor and I get 17 mpg on it all the time. It does sit on 80 mph most of the time and in the 14 months I have put 55k on it. Only issue I have had is the complete radio electronics was replaced about 3 months into it. It’s acting up again but haven’t had the time to take it in. I replaced the air filter with a K&N filter and change the oil ever 7k miles. Don’t tow very often with it right now, but will be pulling a double kayak trailer on the weekends after the first of the year. Been wanting to get rid of it but can’t find anything I really like.
                                We had an Enclave that had to have the whole infotainment system replaced twice- unloaded it when it was 2 yrs old! I’m starting to rethink the whole Gubment motors thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X