Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked out of the playoffs for being "too good"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
    Looks like a select team dominated in a rec league. They never should have been let in to begin with.
    Read the article, on her "select team" only 7 of the kids had ever played football before.

Comment

Obviously some kids show athletic prowess at an early age but is there really such a thing as "elite" or "select" 7 year olds? And if so, how do yo go about finding them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
        Did you read the article? The FM coach says only 7 of her kids had ever played before.
        Yes, I read the article. That does not mean she fielded those 7 kids every game and were starters. I have seen it all..

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          Read the article, on her "select team" only 7 of the kids had ever played football before.
          i missed that as well.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Obviously some kids show athletic prowess at an early age but is there really such a thing as "elite" or "select" 7 year olds?
          yes, there is.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
            Yes, I read the article. That does not mean she fielded those 7 kids every game and were starters. I have seen it all..
            What are you insinuating?

If she started all 7 experienced players and they all played both ways, that means there would be 4 kids on either side of the ball at minimum that had never played football before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
              Idiots.

Ain't Dale up in Keller? These your peeps, Dale?
              My office is still near Keller, but I stay as far away from the dump that is now Keller, as possible.

I can tell you what's happening though....the guy is a tw@t, he's getting blowback from parents on his team, as well as others, and he lacks the backbone to handle it properly....which is to take your lumps, and work harder.

Also, the Flower Mound coach is full of ****. Those 7 kids are plenty to go into a rec league, and wreck shop for an easy W. And that's exactly what they are doing.

We ran into this scenario when my son played baseball in Boyd. Other parents accused us of having a "select team", because 4 of our boys also played select ball. Then an actual select team joined up (I think maybe 8 of their 11 were select players), and started whooping everyone. Then the parents came back to our coach (who was also the commisioner) wanting them kicked out. He told them to kick rocks and those guys beat us in the championship game by 2.

Fair is where you go to ride the ferris wheel, sports aint always fair....get over it and work harder.
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-19-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Obviously some kids show athletic prowess at an early age but is there really such a thing as "elite" or "select" 7 year olds? And if so, how do yo go about finding them?
                Sometimes it's about size or ability, mostly it's about "want to", and the coaching/reps that come with it.

They are not hard to spot amongst the rest.

Comment

It happened to the little town of Goldthwaite in boys baseball. We have to enter tournaments in the DFW metroplex, Waco, Austin, etc, to play any games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    I can see their wanting to protect their own but the second they allowed a team from outside their organization to join up that ship sailed. They are part of the Keller org and if the parents get pizzed (which they shouldn’t) it should be at the board for allowing a “select” team to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Agee,
                    The board in Keller should have put more thought into the decision before allowing the team from Flower Mound in. FM is big enough to field more than one team. Should be able ot look at addresses and tell if this is a "select" team.

Sucks for all the boy, tough for teams of A, B & C players to compete against all A players.

Comment

At that age it is about the team that has the most # of good atheletes. 6+ good atheletes on each side of the ball will dominate a league. I coached one of them that won every game but the superbowl and lost in triple OT. I also coached the team that did not win a single game and kids ready to walk off the field at half time because it was such a blow out every game.

I've also seen the coaches load up a team when the schools they pick from are too large, and requires them to create a 2nd team. All of good athletes go on one them, and all of the others go on the other team.

Nothing surprises me on youth sports anymore from Kindergarten till they finally enter middle school and get coached by school coaches.

Comment

Kicked out of the playoffs for being "too good"?

Seems they should get to finish. We had teams move in and out of leagues for competitive reasons. Keller can always vote not to have them back next season
                        Last edited by bowhuntertx; 11-19-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Keller should have let it play out, but at the same time I can't even imagine the brow-beating the Keller officials and coaches were getting from the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                            At that age it is about the team that has the most # of good atheletes. 6+ good atheletes on each side of the ball will dominate a league. I coached one of them that won every game but the superbowl and lost in triple OT. I also coached the team that did not win a single game and kids ready to walk off the field at half time because it was such a blow out every game.

I've also seen the coaches load up a team when the schools they pick from are too large, and requires them to create a 2nd team. All of good athletes go on one them, and all of the others go on the other team.

Nothing surprises me on youth sports anymore from Kindergarten till they finally enter middle school and get coached by school coaches.
                            7 select is stacked

Comment

Take that 199 and divide it by the 7 games they played--its only 28 average per game. It wasn't like it was 60 - 0 every game they played.

They should have been able to finish the season and playoffs. Learn your lesson for next year Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                                7 select is stacked
                                She said 7 had played before not that they were select players.

Montero said only seven of her 17 players had ever played football before and they worked especially hard in practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X