Unemployment, Covid Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    She should go to work until they fire her. Then file and say she was fired because she's pregnant. I can't see being turned down for unemployment but I've seen much crazier BS so who knows.
    It's beyond me why anyone would quit willingly. Make them fire you every time.

OP, why does religious exemption not work?
    Last edited by WItoTX; 11-16-2021, 11:47 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Prayers for you and wife.
      I see this going to the big court but it may be several months before the Supreme Court rules. Total B/S for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post

Religious exemption more than likely will not work either.
        Why do you think this? I know of two hospitals(including the one that I work at) that are encouraging religious exemptions and are helping staff fill out the paperwork. I can't imagine that any hospital wants to lose staff over this.

Comment

Good luck! It's amazing the CDC is recommending that but they are also are recommending it for children.

I know a few nurses who have received medical excemptions.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
            This is total b/s . The reason she has to take is not the hospitals decision. It is the decision of CMS. They are the payers for medicare-medicade. If the healthcare provider wants to get payment from medicare or medicade then every employee must have the shot. That also includes any contractor that comes into the facility to do work. They want the healthcare workers to get the shot so they don't infect patients when they come in. It should be that if you receive medicare then you should be the one getting the shot not the other way around.
            In a simpler boat. The company I work for has federal contracts in the banking industry. Due to those fed contracts the labor law challenges do not apply. If the company wants to keep the contract (several millions of dollars) the workforce must be 100% vax'd. Not just started but fully. 2 doses plus 14 days I believe they said. If we are not "fully" vax'd before the 12\31 we are terminated at midnight 12\31. Period. We can try to submit for medical or even religious exemption but from what I am hearing no one has received an exemption yet.

To me this is nothing but extortion, blackmail by the federal government. If I weren't an old dude not paying for college and weddings and such I would let them can me and I'd find a small company to work for. As it is though, I'm screwed either way.

Comment

They are basing their information off the CDC. But, her OB suggest her not to get it. Either way she will not get it while pregnant 100%. Her OB says its all experimental, when someone has issues they never point to the jab lol. My wife has the anti bodies currently from having covid early on.

Per CDC:

COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.

I would think that her OB, who is recommending she not get the shot, could write her a note and that would suffice. Now once she’s no longer pregnant, the exemption won’t apply any longer but that’s another bridge further down the road.

Comment

My wife and I just recently had our third kid. It always baffled us how they tell pregnant women "that it is not safe to eat deli meat, but go ahead and get this shot we pulled out of our arse a year ago. It is proven you will be fine. Nothing to worry about. Oh, no cold medicine and only one cup of coffee"

Comment

The most recent study I've seen on pregnancy is for the first 2 trimesters, the shot cause spontaneous abortion or miscarriage in 85% of women. The same article said the Pfizer label states it has not been tested on pregnant women. Moderna's studies were only on 3rd trimester.

Have your wife request the label on all of them or go to their websites.

If her OBYN is willing to provide her with a letter for medical exemption, get the doc to write it. Or better yet, write it and ask the doc to sign it.

Comment

My wife is in the same boat (not pregnant), healthcare worker, hospital said get vaxed or get axed, she is applying for religious exemption. All the people in her unit said they will not get it, except 1. They have historically had trouble keeping therapist at this facility which is a rehab center...they either will have to grant them all religious exempt or fire all of them but 1. Time will tell.

Comment

I was able to get an approved religious exemption, I work for Amerisourcebergen, one of the biggest pharmaceuticals on the planet. They have been pushing hard on the thousands of us employees to get the jab as soon as the FDA 'approved' it.

I would do the religious exemption first so that you NEVER have to take it.
                      Otherwise they will force it as soon as they can.

Glad to help if you have questions on the religious exemption, I learned some things thru that process.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        The most recent study I've seen on pregnancy is for the first 2 trimesters, the shot cause spontaneous abortion or miscarriage in 85% of women. The same article said the Pfizer label states it has not been tested on pregnant women. Moderna's studies were only on 3rd trimester.

Have your wife request the label on all of them or go to their websites.

If her OBYN is willing to provide her with a letter for medical exemption, get the doc to write it. Or better yet, write it and ask the doc to sign it.
                        link, please? I'm all for pregnant women having the choice to get the shot or not, but this study sounds like nonsense. I know a handful of women who've been vaccinated in the first 2 trimesters, and none of them "spontaneously aborted or miscarried" their baby.
                        Last edited by bullets13; 11-16-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          It's beyond me why anyone would quit willingly. Make them fire you every time.

OP, why does religious exemption not work?
                          Not sure what kind of religious exemption we would need.

Comment

Not sure what kind of religious exemption we would need.
                            I would submit something like this.

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
                            My bride applied for one and it was accepted almost immediately. Part of that may have been because her hospital was about to lose a lot of staff, but here it is if it helps.

Good luck!
                            Last edited by WItoTX; 11-16-2021, 02:08 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Short story,

Wife is pregnant.

Wife is a nurse and has until December 4th, to get the first jab.

Will not get the jab while pregnant.

Have read things back and forth, and not sure who to even talk to about this.

Can one get unemployment for not getting the jab?

Being pregnant does not qualify as an exemption.

Religious exemption more than likely will not work either.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I was not able to find it.
                              It is against a federal law under the EEOC to discriminate based on pregnancy. I have brought up in other threads when people make the claim that a company cannot do this and my question is under what authority are they prohibited from making a workplace rule. Texas is an at will state and for the most part, barring any discrimination, a workplace can generally set rules.

In this case however it appears as though it would be discrimination. This is directly from the federal government website on discrimination based on pregnancy.
                              “The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) forbids discrimination based on pregnancy when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, such as leave and health insurance, and any other term or condition of employment.”

It would obviously be discrimination to order a vaccine for white males only or female Muslims, etc. That would be discrimination based on sex, race, national origin, ethnicity, etc. The problem with those claims in my opinion is that no such mandates are given. A general rule for most private employers he is, everybody gets the vaccine so there’s no discrimination.

In this case however even though everybody might be ordered to get it, there seems to be evidence that pregnant women are at a higher risk or much higher risk of injury from the vaccine.

There is also the Americans with Disabilities Act which is another federal antidiscrimination law.

The first step should be to contact HR. If that does not produce the needed relief, perhaps a private attorney that specializes in HR and EEOC/ADA complaints.

Comment

My wife got the shot while pregnant. Older son came down with covid and me, the wife and the new baby did not get sick or asymptomatic. We are all vaccinated and made me feel much better to know the baby had vaccine antibodies from the shot and breast milk.

Comment

Working...
                                X