Unemployment, Covid Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
    Ok, I'm totally lost with this article. Per their study, they took 827 VACCINATED women for the study. the national average for "spontaneous abortions" aka Miscarriages, is 12.5%.

Of that 827, 127 had a miscarriage with 104 being before the 3rd trimester which falls right in line with the national average of normal miscarriages of women who ARENT VACINATTED...but its the vaccines fault? Am i missing something here? There should been a control group run right along side of this study...where's those numbers? This don't smell right....
    Article is from a women's online magazine. Not trying to be sexist or political, but I'd feel a lot better if this article was printed in a medical journal, and not something along the lines of Cosmo/Good Housekeeping.
    Last edited by eastover53; 11-16-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Not a conspiracy theorist but a good friend of mine DIL is pregnant and got that shot because of fear and peer pressure. She is now at home on bed rest at 28 weeks because of contractions and they don't know what brought it on but she got the jab a couple months ago at about 15 weeks FWIW.

My wife and I got our second jabs last week. Neither one of us are happy about it but we both agree they do provide some protection against the Covid turning deadly. Being in our early 40's and already having 4 kids fertility wasn't an issue BUT had my wife said she wanted to have another baby we wouldn't have taken the shot.

I agree with others, go for the religion exemption. If that doesn't work your wife is a nurse and they are in high demand so just switch hospitals or maybe find a nice doctors office for her to work in part time. She may even be able to transition into some tele-health... that would be ideal with a newborn on the way.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
        Article is from a women's magazine. Not trying to be sexist or political, but I'd feel a lot better if this article was printed in a medical journal, and not something along the lines of Cosmo/Good Housekeeping.
        You will find all sorts of articles going both pro/con as this topic has been around since day 1...Pretty sure WHO is on record suggesting healthy pregnant women should avoid just like the CDC was, but who knows the stance today with the jab mfg's now wanting to vaccinate infants.

Whether one wants to prove one way or the other isn't the issue...it's the coercion with threat of termination is what everyone should be upset about. I wish everyone opposed to the jab would hold their ground and fight like hell.

Comment

I own a Healthcare company and employee over 1000 folks. We are right at 85% vaccinated. I think because of the mandate we will hit around 95%. Roughly 5% will be requesting religious or medical exemptions. They will be granted. Have you read the CMS mandate? It clearly states that there will be medical and religious exemptions and that we must grant them. Our stance is that anyone that brings a letter from a doc or clergy stating the reason the employee should be exempt we will honor...period. We are in a staffing crunch and we aren't going to cut off our nose to spite our face. Our patients need to be cared for and we need our staff to be able to do that. I don't think you will have any problem getting a medical or religious exemption. Start by asking for a copy of the organization's policy and then follow it. You'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
            Article is from a women's online magazine. Not trying to be sexist or political, but I'd feel a lot better if this article was printed in a medical journal, and not something along the lines of Cosmo/Good Housekeeping.

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
            Ok, I'm totally lost with this article. Per their study, they took 827 VACCINATED women for the study. the national average for "spontaneous abortions" aka Miscarriages, is 12.5%.

Of that 827, 127 had a miscarriage with 104 being before the 3rd trimester which falls right in line with the national average of normal miscarriages of women who ARENT VACINATTED...but its the vaccines fault? Am i missing something here? There should been a control group run right along side of this study...where's those numbers? This don't smell right....

You’re right… it’s not right. The article from a MAGAZINE supposedly summarizing a real study is trying to remove over 700 of the participants from the statistics they are reporting. This puts so much bias to the statistics they are trying to “report” that the results are not valid or reliable. You can’t just use the portions of participants that you want to… [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Comment

Going through the same thing with my wife right now. She’s due December 25th and they told her today she has until December 4th to get the first shot. She’s adamant she’s not getting it while she’s pregnant and I 100% agree. We’ll see what happens but this crap amazes me more and more everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbow1425 View Post
                Going through the same thing with my wife right now. She’s due December 25th and they told her today she has until December 4th to get the first shot. She’s adamant she’s not getting it while she’s pregnant and I 100% agree. We’ll see what happens but this crap amazes me more and more everyday.

Just request an exemption. There is an out. Read the company's p&p and follow it. Basically a note from a doctor or a clergy member stating why she cannot take the shot should be sufficient. It might be required on a certain form or in a certain format but you should be fine. Stand on the organization's p&p. Employers aren't going to want to be sued for denying exemptions when the mandate clearly allows for them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I could say. We have to refer folks to our unemployment dept for processing. Not sure if it is a case by case basis or what. Maybe they he a canned answer. Sorry you folks have to go through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/st...-covid-vaccine

Sorry, I should have posted that because I knew someone would ask.
                    They either unintentionally misunderstood or intentionally misrepresented the data to post an anti-vaccine blog post.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      You’re right… it’s not right. The article from a MAGAZINE supposedly summarizing a real study is trying to remove over 700 of the participants from the statistics they are reporting. This puts so much bias to the statistics they are trying to “report” that the results are not valid or reliable. You can’t just use the portions of participants that you want to… [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
                      Bingo. Too many “news” sources out there from both sides of the aisle are playing fast and loose with information in an attempt to further their political agenda.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                          This thread is pertaining to CMS not OSHA

Comment

Great news, her religious exemption was approved so no Jab..lol

But after they forced their nurses to get the shot, she just recieved an email. Stating, the federal judge in Louisiana has put a halt and they do not have to get the vaccine just yet. Lol so it will all be interesting.

Comment

Good for yall!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear, txhunter90. My hope is that you and everyone else has the option to do as they wish with their medical decisions.

If it was truly, truly about the health and safety of everyone as a whole, why would we fire people in the medical field for not getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X