New Mathews V3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canny View Post
    Nice bow, but IMO bows have hit their ceiling in regards to advances in technology. In the past your money was actually paying for noticeable gains in speed, weight, etc. Now its just a new design but the specs do not really change, especially for the amount of coin they require. I switched from Mathews to a Hoyt Defiant a few years back and honestly do not see changing for a long time as its performance specs are no different than the new bows.
    I love hoyt.. their Hyper ZT cam is the smoothest can draw I've ever felt.. the hyperforce I shot was ridiculous..

But..

I cannot stand that pregnant belly behind the wrist backwards *** looking riser.. its atrocious to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
      Y'all over here talking about ATA... need to remember the trad guys are shooting 56-66" bows when they hunt.

Why do we need to remember what those technology challenged folks do?

Comment

I will be sticking with my Vertix. I like the way it shoots!!

Comment

I went from the Bowtech Tribute I bought new in ‘09, to a V3 27 a couple weeks ago. Man, these new bows are wicked!

I’ve never chrono’d a bow that I can remember, but my new one is delivering 529gr twigs at very similar velocities as my old one did with ~370gr, and 3 of them blew through hogs Saturday like **** through a goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I went from the Bowtech Tribute I bought new in ‘09, to a V3 27 a couple weeks ago. Man, these new bows are wicked!

I’ve never chrono’d a bow that I can remember, but my new one is delivering 529gr twigs at very similar velocities as my old one did with ~370gr, and 3 of them blew through hogs Saturday like **** through a goose.

I picked up a V3 27 last week as a compliment to my Bowtech Revolt X (33”ata). No reason to get it other than I wanted to try something short and that’s the shortest that’s out there. Really impressed with it and it’s definitely no slouch shooting long range. Bowtech still edges it out there but not by much. Yes there are string angle challenges with my peep being as high as possible on the string. I never thought the Bowtech at 33” was cumbersome in the stand, and still think it is not, but that 27 is sure handy.

I shoot a 29” draw at 62lbs, and my 520 gr arrow out of it was cruising at 261fps. Bowtech is at 68lbs and the same arrow is 265-267. I did not expect them to be near that close.

Having just bought the 27 last week, no reason to look seriously at these. Great thing about Mathews is the used market is always busy given the massive sales numbers they generate, so maybe in a year or two.

Comment

Well I went and shot both the 33 and the 29. I ordered the 29. They are both better shooters than my V3 31. I took my V3 to compare. Both are smoother draw and both are more stable/dead in hand. Reminded me of my beloved Vertix.
              The new color is pretty cool but I stuck with Real Tree Edge. The new quiver is very nice. Super tight against the bow. I would be comfortable hunting with it on instead of removing it as I do now with my Web HD. The Stay Afield System is gonna be worth the $40 for me. I could have used that last year when I had a release failure.
              For those who don't understand getting new bow every year, loyal trade in values at my favorite archery shop (Gateway) make it a no brainer. ....and yes I'm an unapologetic Mathews fan boy.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
                THIS!!!!!!

I shoot an old z7... I love it!!!!!! My brother accused me of drinking the Mathews Kool-Aid when I got it...but since owning it, I don't know that I will ever go back to anything else.
                Yep, my Z7 is 10 years old, shoots great. the add lost me at 6" brace height.
                I'm good for a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  This is 100% not targeted towards you or anyone else, but out of curiosity I wonder how much of it has to be the "new" factor. I'd be interested to see the results of blindfolding someone and having them shoot several bows within the past 5-7 years and see if they could pick out the newest one. Just a random thought...

Believe me man...you are preaching to the choir. I'm not trying to spend your money for you. I understand. I was the world's worst at what you are trying to convey to folks about technology. I was always finding something wrong with what I shot to make me justify not spending that on a bow. I was dead set on keeping my favorite bow ever up until that time.

I was just like you.....no way am I spending that kind of money on a bow when this one works fine. I had shot a couple going up to visit the guys up there. I had walked away because they just weren't what I was looking for specs wise. They felt better of course ...but was just having trouble justifying the cost. A year prior to my switch I had just put a new strings/cables and a new verifier peep on my old Pulse, and was shooting it better than I had in a long time to the tune of close to $250-300 worth of upgrades. So you know I was really trying to not justify a new bow..lol Then the call out of the blue came and I figured I'd go up and shoot and hang out with them for a bit thinking there would be another turn down. Soon after I was writing a check I didn't bring in with me.. The difference was incredible in technology in 8-9 years difference in my specs (33 ata and the 6.5" brace) I wanted. I couldn't justify it any more. After I paid for it all, I just told myself. "Look you tight ***....you bow hunt and you dove hunt. That's all you really do. You spend money on stupid **** not even involved in your main hobbies...spend it on what you do and I did..lol. Of course now I'm here 2.5 deer seasons later saying.....I'm never selling this bow...so at 4 years I can understand your hesitancy. That all being said I shoot this bow well. It fits me like a glove. CCR did a fine job getting me set up in it and tuning it annually for me.
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Believe me man...you are preaching to the choir. I'm not trying to spend your money for you. I understand. I was the world's worst at what you are trying to convey to folks about technology. I was always finding something wrong with what I shot to make me justify not spending that on a bow. I was dead set on keeping my favorite bow ever up until that time.

I was just like you.....no way am I spending that kind of money on a bow when this one works fine. I had shot a couple going up to visit the guys up there. I had walked away because they just weren't what I was looking for specs wise. They felt better of course ...but was just having trouble justifying the cost. A year prior to my switch I had just put a new strings/cables and a new verifier peep on my old Pulse, and was shooting it better than I had in a long time to the tune of close to $250-300 worth of upgrades. So you know I was really trying to not justify a new bow..lol Then the call out of the blue came and I figured I'd go up and shoot and hang out with them for a bit thinking there would be another turn down. Soon after I was writing a check I didn't bring in with me.. The difference was incredible in technology in 8-9 years difference in my specs I wanted. I couldn't justify it any more. After I paid for it all, I just told myself. "Look you tight ***....you bow hunt and you dove hunt. That's all you really do. You spend money on stupid **** not even involved in your main hobbies...spend it on what you do and I did..lol. Of course now I'm here 2.5 deer seasons later saying.....I'm never selling this bow...so at 4 years I can understand your hesitancy.

[emoji23] I like that response!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

That 33 is 6.5"....I jumped all over it when I saw the Traverse was longer than 6.

Comment

Does this mean they have discounted the V3’s? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post

I bet you'll find some in the classifieds after season... ....
                          Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                            I saw a new one on the rack for $1100 yesterday, I'm not certain what they were before.

Comment

The trick is bow shop no sooner than every 5 years. Then it seems much easier.

Then again 30+ years of bow hunting ive owned 4 bows

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Shoot one of the new ones. I bet that Z7 gets a back seat. Yes, I have shot the Z7 quite a bit. No comparison to a V3. None.

Comment

Working...
                                X