Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 College Football - Week 12

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Woooooooo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Guess mom turned the WiFi off on our resident booger eater…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the tech radio announcers got suspended for one game for calling out Saturday’s bad officiating against Iowa State on the air……

In accordance with Big 12 Conference Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct policies, the Conference has issued a public reprimand of the Texas Tech radio booth announcers.  They have also been removed from announcing the Tech game on November 20th. The actions have been taken in response to comments during Saturday’s football game broadcast against Iowa State.

Comment

Go Tigers!!! Win one more before the season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Guess mom turned the WiFi off on our resident booger eater…

I want to laugh at this but the last time I laughed, I got drug in the booger rolling

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Go Tigers!!! Win one more before the season ends.

I’d rather lose this one and win the next lol, but we’ll probably lose both [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I want to laugh at this but the last time I laughed, I got drug in the booger rolling

We’re all dumber for having to of read that cringe yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Does anyone on here really think that Texas and OU will have to pay $75 mil exit fees to get out of the big 12? Or wait until 2025 to leave? With the Big 12 adding 4 more schools, the per school payout and the money for TV rights will be less, I would think that right there should be enough to justify voiding UT/OU contracts or at least reducing the buyouts. With UT/OU expected to make 90mil each per year in the SEC (at least that is the figure I have heard thrown around), it will be to their benefit to leave next year.
                As I understand it (not having personally researched, so what do I know), the Big 12 exit fee that every member agreed to is $80 million for 99 years from conference inception. Straight up breach of contract that every member agreed to in order to provide conference stability.

If that's the case, the question isn't how much, but what can the conference collect. That may be where the conference allows for negotiation (i.e. we'll (OU/UT) pay you $50 million cash now or you can chase our assets as you please).

The GOR is a different issue and a non-factor in 2025, or so. But OU and UT probably don't want to hang out that long. So it is a factor depending on when the teams live.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  If it’s me its try an money whip dabo, or take aranda on the cheaper tag.

But, again, why would anyone assume Aranda could be bought at any reasonable price based on his record as a head coach?

In 2 years at Baylor, he's barely over .500 (as of last weekend).

Is a school gonna offer him Nick Saban/Jimbo Fisher money? I wouldn't think so.

So what are we talking about then? $7-8million? No problem matching that for numerous BU alums if the desire is to keep him. And the expectation at Baylor is not to compete for a national title in any foreseeable year much less year 3 or so. Aranda would be foolish to leave "on the cheap."

LSU would be equal money for lots more pressure and headaches. Not saying he wouldn't go there, but money wouldn't be the reason.

Comment

Any QBs in the portal you want?

The quarterback dominos are already beginning to fall with several well-known signal callers already in the portal and it's only the beginning of November. Let's take a look

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 12

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                      I just want to see someone call someone else a big fat dummy….

Yer a big fat dummy!

(Disclaimer) I’m more than a little drunk, and don’t know you from Adam., I just wanted to see where that might go.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-17-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Yer a big fat dummy!

(Disclaimer) I’m more than a little drunk, and don’t know you from Adam., I just wanted to see where that might go.

Am not..

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                          But, again, why would anyone assume Aranda could be bought at any reasonable price based on his record as a head coach?

So what are we talking about then? $7-8million? No problem matching that for numerous BU alums if the desire is to keep him. And the expectation at Baylor is not to compete for a national title in any foreseeable year much less year 3 or so. Aranda would be foolish to leave "on the cheap."

LSU would be equal money for lots more pressure and headaches. Not saying he wouldn't go there, but money wouldn't be the reason.

Bud if LSU comes knocking you take it! The goal for most is to be the best, you get access to some of the country’s best athletes, facilities, exposure. If it’s all about the money, sure! However aranda doesn’t appear to me to be that guy, he seems to want to continue to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post

It's all about the $$$....BU is simply a stepping stone.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                              So the tech radio announcers got suspended for one game for calling out Saturday’s bad officiating against Iowa State on the air……

https://big12sports.com/news/2021/11...nnouncers.aspx
                              This is ridiculous. Big 12 brass and officials should get over themselves. You don't want to be criticized, then be better

Comment

Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X