Which Car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Let’s be realistic; how many are going to be running any of these cars on the track on a regular basis, especially a road course where I agree the Camaro is the better choice.

But most people are going to daily drive it and play on the street from time to time. The Dodge is going to be the more comfortable choice for most applications. Plus that Hemi sounds so sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I honestly dont know if and when I would take the car to the track. There are a few around and I would like to try it, but I really want the car to drive on Sunday afternoons with the wife, to take when her and I go on dates, and my daughter's want it so they look "cool" in a sports car.

I will play on the street and the highway from time to time, as you mentioned, but this is my 40th birthday present to me and one that my wife said I could get, since we wont be having any more children. That was our deal, if you catch my drift.

So, sounds like the Camaro it is.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      I honestly dont know if and when I would take the car to the track. There are a few around and I would like to try it, but I really want the car to drive on Sunday afternoons with the wife, to take when her and I go on dates, and my daughter's want it so they look "cool" in a sports car.

I will play on the street and the highway from time to time, as you mentioned, but this is my 40th birthday present to me and one that my wife said I could get, since we wont be having any more children. That was our deal, if you catch my drift.

There's no use buying an ugly birthday present, get the Camaro.

Comment

Which Car??

Lol you left off the most important parts of my post.

Good luck with your toy.

For the record I think the camaro is ugly.

Hi Dale. [emoji12]

Comment

Are you looking new or used?? A10 or M6??

Comment

Which Car??

Lol you left off the most important parts of my post.

Good luck with your toy.

For the record I think the camaro is ugly.

Hi Dale. [emoji12]

[emoji23]

I’m not a huge fan of the current Camaro, but those Challengers are awful, and they have been since they came out again several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Are you looking new or used?? A10 or M6??
              Looking for both, new and/or used. The 1LE is a manual 6 speed and that is what I am looking for. I dont think the 1LE comes with the 10 speed automatic. I actually found a 2013 ZL1, but it was automatic, so I passed on it. I have found a few 2015 Z28's but I don't want to spend that much. One reason I have not gotten a newer ZL1 because of the price point. But, if I can't find the 1LE that I want, I may save a few months and get the ZL1.

Comment

I'm partial to the 17 & 18 year models as far as the subjective looks go on the gen6 grill & rear end...I didn't keep up with the SS options but thought the A10 was available with the track ready suspension but it might be on the 1ss or 2ss model?? The A10 was perfection when it goes into performance mode & was a lot of fun. Having said that, if I get another speedster I think I'll probably row the gears next time.

Your best bet is to hang out on camaro6 forum...there is a wealth of knowledge on there & may even find what you are looking for pop up in the classifieds.

Comment

No consideration for Corvette? Endless mods available and do very well on the track. Also older models are very reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    No consideration for Corvette? Endless mods available and do very well on the track. Also older models are very reasonable.
                    Yeah, no consideration from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      [emoji23]

I’m not a huge fan of the current Camaro, but those Challengers are awful, and they have been since they came out again several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Charger is an abomination of the original one but I think they did pretty good with the Challenger.

The Camaro isn’t even close to the original.

Comment

The Charger is an abomination of the original one but I think they did pretty good with the Challenger.

The Camaro isn’t even close to the original.

You mean the current Camaro can go fast in a straight line AND turn corners?

Dodge got IRS on the Challenger (ideal for right and left turns), yet made it function like a live rear axle LOL

I do give Dodge credit though. They have stayed true to going fast in a straight line.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on the differences between the SS 1LE and the 2SS. I know the 2SS has more interior options like heated and cooled seats and all that and the motors are the same. This particular 2SS has the magnetic ride control as well. 1LE has the red Bembro brake package and the 2SS does not. So, anyone know the other major differences? I am thinking this will be a little more comfortable for the wife on those long dates and Sunday afternoon drives, etc. Transmission is the same, so anyone have any other differences.
                          Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 11-11-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I would go with chevy all day

Comment

I believe you are exactly right, the 2SS just has more creature comforts and will be slightly heavier. The magnaride is really a track/performance feature, and it will keep the car much more planted in the corners. I also believe that you can tune it to make street driving a much smoother experience.

If you ever decide you want to modify the car, the nice thing with the magnaride is you can start modifying how the suspension reacts, and it doesn't require buying new parts, just a suspension tune.

Comment

For what that Camaro cost I would buy a base Corvette for 62k.......

Comment

Working...
                                X