No announcement yet.

Disrespectful Neighbors - Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have our gut pile within 75 yards of one of our most productive stands on our family place. We have had dead cows, hogs, deer, piles of carp, etc. placed in it throughout the year. It does not have an effect on our deer movement. I would just hunt. Ultimately it is their property and unfortunately they can put stuff where they would like, but I'll bet it won't affect your hunting as much as you may fear. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
      We have our gut pile within 75 yards of one of our most productive stands on our family place. We have had dead cows, hogs, deer, piles of carp, etc. placed in it throughout the year. It does not have an effect on our deer movement. I would just hunt. Ultimately it is their property and unfortunately they can put stuff where they would like, but I'll bet it won't affect your hunting as much as you may fear. Just my 2 cents.
      The difference is your gut pile is constant. OP's dead hogs are new. My thought is it will jack up movement for a few days. It's a **** move on their part.

OP, go talk to them. So much tension can be solved by a conversation and a couple beers or cigars.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
        Years ago we had a neighbor setup like that, and our lease boss asked nicely for a change of location, when it was declined, he went to the gun range and got about 10 five gallon buckets of spent shells and opened the window and dumped the shells in , so when the door opened the guy got rained with empty brass
        Glad I hunted a different part Of the ranch
        Please fill my blind with brass. Lapua SRP 6 creed would be nice

Comment

Go Yellowstone on their azz

Comment

That stinks. Yall east or west of town? Were a couple miles east

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              It’s their fenceline too. Maybe they want the carcasses as far away from them as possible. Why don’t you start dumping yours there too and move your hunting set ups?

Edit. Just read your post above this one.

Why don’t you just talk to them. Maybe you can get them to agree to dump them somewhere else.
              Ditto. Maybe there's a chance they didn't realize they put them so close to your hunting set up? Maybe they are trying to keep them as far away from their set ups or house as possible.

Comment

Deer are 100% used to death in the woods. They come across that type stuff regularly. If anything, the dead animals were providing cover scent. I've seen/shot deer right next to carcass dumping areas more than once.

Comment

I know its irritating and downright maddening, but animals don't care about it near as much as we humans do. We had a cow pass during calving a few years ago, and I hauled her down to the bottom pasture and left her for the varmints to devour, with a cam up to see if the "big cat" our worker had talked about was what he claimed it was, or just a bobcat (no pics of a big cat were to be found )

Anyways, I had deer walking past her from the night I dropped her till she was nothing but a pile of hide and bones that I buried. So while I do suggest having a conversation with the neighbors, explaining why you are setup the way that you are, the nutrients that you're feeding to improve the deer, and an overall exchange of information that might clear up some of their misconceptions (taking for granted that this was intentional), you might wind up with a neighbor who you can get together with and improve things for the deer to an even greater extent

Comment

Originally posted by smitgonhunting View Post
                    You are correct! They also have about a 1,000+ acres to dump them anywhere they want. And they weren't dumping them their last year directly across from our hunting set up. Could just be a coincidence but I don't think it is.
                    again, if you got a problem with it, need to talk to them first, voice your concerns even if it is 100+ yds away, and see what they say. Maybe there's a compromise. Just try your best to gain and maintain good neighbors and not assume things.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Go say hi, share a beer and play super nice guy. Soak up all the vibes you get from them then go back and make a better educated decision on your neighbors.
                      THIS 100% spend 10 mins talking to them and you will learn alot...

Comment

Originally posted by smitgonhunting View Post
                        You are correct! They also have about a 1,000+ acres to dump them anywhere they want. And they weren't dumping them their last year directly across from our hunting set up. Could just be a coincidence but I don't think it is.
                        You got the “. . . anywhere they want” part correct. Their land and LEGALLY they can put them where they please. I would rather have them dump them in the back of the place, even if there is a blind close by, than near a fence line close to my house (if that is a possibility). It sucks but talking to them is the only way to deal with it.

Comment

Hunting fence lines and how far away a stand being put up is respectable for hunting is a topic that will cause arguments and frustration for as long as there are hunters on this big green earth! Including how the situation is handled.

Best of luck

Comment

Dumping on fence lines where you can visibly make out a stand is pretty ****ty. In terms of them doing it to ruin your setup, maybe, maybe not. I would just chat with em and let them know you are down wind of that smell and take ladies out hunting and ask if they can dump elsewhere. A lot of people just do stupid things without actually meaning any harm.

Comment

Typical piles of ****...... boy are there a lot of people like this now. Sad

Comment

It’s been said before…. Deer hunting brings out the worst in people.

Comment

Working...
                                X