1 young buck

Waiting on the blood dog

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
      Solid evening hunt.
      10-12 does & yearlings
      1 young buck

Waiting on the blood dog

Sounds like it’s just a matter of time before y’all lay eyes on more shooters!

Good luck with the track! I think the deer will be laying close by where y’all left off! Kudos to you, Brian and T for backing out and calling in the hound. I don’t blame y’all one bit! Better safe than sorry! Staying tuned for hero pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a little lost. Did he cross the river? Permission on other side?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I'm a little lost. Did he cross the river? Permission on other side?
          Yes he crossed the river (post #291). Permission for what its dark?? Lol!! Kidding!!! I assume they have permission.

Comment

Yes they got permission to cross onto neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
              Yes he crossed the river (post #291). Permission for what its dark?? Lol!! Kidding!!! I assume they have permission.
              Thank you. I absolutely missed that post .

Comment

Dang I was expecting Ldp what going on!

Comment

Sure hope y’all find that boys deer! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                    Magic hour.. maybe write HEITH on that arrow.
                    Ive got knives, #smokeadoe

#snacksticks #ravendensprings #duckcamp #seeyouinjanuary

Haha!

Comment

Playing it over.. a dozen times.. hit really looks good for being kinda high, good down angle.. thats on a 3"x4" screen on the camcorder.. found the cord, plugged it into a TV.. can now see what looks like a good top of right lung.. angling down towards the left lung.. however, it seems like a lack of penetration.... 6" or so.. never found arrow.. arrow makes a big sweeping arc as the buck drops and runs... doesnt shear off.
                      Unfortunate.. will do our due dilligence to pursue recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                        Playing it over.. a dozen times.. hit really looks good for being kinda high, good down angle.. thats on a 3"x4" screen on the camcorder.. found the cord, plugged it into a TV.. can now see what looks like a good top of right lung.. angling down towards the left lung.. however, it seems like a lack of penetration.... 6" or so.. never found arrow.. arrow makes a big sweeping arc as the buck drops and runs... doesnt shear off.
                        Unfortunate.. will do our due dilligence to pursue recovery.
                        Sounds like he is dead. Thats a lot of blood for a high entrance and no exit. Gotta be filling his chest.

Comment

In for recovery

Comment

Praying for a recovery tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                              Praying for a recovery tonight!
                              Amen.

Prayer spoken tonight for recovery of Talen's buck.

Comment

Short summary of tonight’s events...

Blood dog arrived @ 8:15. Watched videos of the shot with the tracker. Viewed pics of blood, and studied the trail, distance traveled & amount of blood that we found.

Went straight to the blood where we backed out. Dog picked up the trail immediately. Trailed the deer another 100 yards straight in to the river and crossed in to a property we don’t have permission to enter.
                                Kansas law says you may pursue an animal with a dog across property lines without permission until you are told no. We were told no at the property line.
                                In reality, the deer could be drowned & under water or be chasing does tonight.
                                He traveled over 600 yards without bedding.

We made every effort within the law to recover the deer. Talen is in good spirits , as best as he can be. We’ve talked a lot today about losing a big deer. What it does to you and how it makes you learn from it.

On a positive note, this morning was one of the best hunts I’ve ever had up here. I’m so glad I got to experience that with Talen. I don’t think I’ll ever have an issue getting hunt Kansas with me.

We start over tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X