No announcement yet.

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went with Heith to ICT, to pick up T. He landed a bit early. Wichita has an awesome airporr.
    Stiff south wind this morning..
    Its dry, crunchy, need some rain to clean the woods. The wind will really help mask
    The Full moon is up..surrounded with a few thin clouds, doesnt set until 7:30a.. visibilty walking in wont require a light.

Sounds like some morning action.
    May your arrow fly true!

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

We are off to a good start this morning. Wind is out of the south and blowing hard enough we got in the timber without making a lot of noise.

We are set up in the ladder stand Brian and I hung yesterday. It’s in between 2 big cotton wood trees and set up just right for me to bring my millennium in and set it up right next to the ladder. That’s took about 5 min and we were in the tree.

We weren’t even set up good and had a nice shooter buck cruise thru. Long tines and decent frame is all I could tell, but I knew big enough I would have given T the green light if it was legal light.

5 min later we had a small buck chase a doe right under us. Then another small buck at legal light milled thru munching on acorns. We currently have 2 yearlings feeding around us.

This property we are on is 53 acres of the prettiest river bottom you could ask for. Several big deer have been killed here and it holds a lot of deer. We have bedding to our East & West. River to our South and a Bean field to our North.

In for an all day sit. Packed plenty of snacks and sandwiches to keep a teenager occupied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
        We are off to a good start this morning. Wind is out of the south and blowing hard enough we got in the timber without making a lot of noise.

We are set up in the ladder stand Brian and I hung yesterday. It’s in between 2 big cotton wood trees and set up just right for me to bring my millennium in and set it up right next to the ladder. That’s took about 5 min and we were in the tree.

We weren’t even set up good and had a nice shooter buck cruise thru. Long tines and decent frame is all I could tell, but I knew big enough I would have given T the green light if it was legal light.

5 min later we had a small buck chase a doe right under us. Then another small buck at legal light milled thru munching on acorns. We currently have 2 yearlings feeding around us.

This property we are on is 53 acres of the prettiest river bottom you could ask for. Several big deer have been killed here and it holds a lot of deer. We have bedding to our East & West. River to our South and a Bean field to our North.

In for an all day sit. Packed plenty of snacks and sandwiches to keep a teenager occupied.

Man what a beautiful set! I know your hunt just got a lot better with T in the tree with you! Enjoy that treestand therapy brother!!

Comment

Great looking creek bottom.

Perfect two man stand set !!!

Good luck !!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah, it's getting good now good luck to you and T today!

Comment

Just had a really nice 10 come in checking both yearlings.
              27 yard broadside shot and Talen let her rip!

Shot looked a touch high but I think we are in the lungs.

Hopefully we have LDP’s soon!

Comment

Alright!!! In for the pics.
                Wish y’all the best on the recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                  Just had a really nice 10 come in checking both yearlings.
                  27 yard broadside shot and Talen let her rip!

Shot looked a touch high but I think we are in the lungs.

Hopefully we have LDP’s soon!

Heck yeah! In for LDPs

Comment

Heck yeah!

Comment

Heith and T are taking up the trail, shot is money.
                      I dont want to be there.. want this Father and Son to enjoy every step to recovery, together.

I will fire up the Ranger,.. get some coffee,.. on standby

Comment

That's living right there. Really hope y'all get this buck.

Comment

Outstanding news. What a moment for the two of you to share and how about a plan coming together. Good luck on the recovery.

Comment

Well that didn’t take long!! Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Congratulations men!

Comment

Way to go T.

Comment

Working...
                                X