This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    McGuire picked up his third flipping a Arizona State commit. Raiding Cedar Hill. Sounds like trying hard to get a DeSoto kid to flip also
    You love to see it. It's been a fun day for a Tech fan. We don't get many of those.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      Texas has IMO a major culture issue, not sure flipping the roster is the answer but it is an answer. Pretty sure Strong and TH did it to some degree with little payoff but it’s a starting place.
      That was Strongs approached until he was booted out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
        That was Strongs approached until he was booted out of town.

That’s what people thought about Strong. In reality players got dozens of chances with skipping practice, drug test, etc. His ship wasn’t as tight as people give him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh/sta...124387841?s=20

This is awesome!!

We don’t give a **** what y’all think!!!
          We’re winning. We can’t hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            A freshman LB that can’t see the field while Texas is playing walk ons at his position is in the portal cause he doesn’t have an NIL deal like some of his teammates.

Plus Josh Moore who got into with his coach cause he showed up to practice without his hip / butt pads in and was told to walk back to the locker room to get them which lead to him arguing with his coach and quitting.

These guys can portal all day long.
            It’s a shame that SOME of these kids (not all and not just Texas players) have this mentality they are in charge and they make the rules. The portal makes it too easy for them to throw a fit and walk away, because they know they’ll get picked up somewhere if they’re ranked high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
              You love to see it. It's been a fun day for a Tech fan. We don't get many of those.
              Good for you guys, this guy looks like he can get y’all to winning some games again. Maybe he can do a “Tadlock” on the football program.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                Looks like he picked up a QB/Athlete commit this morning for this upcoming class and a 2023 4 star DB will be committing this morning too, sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Is Worthy a threat to hit the portal? I’d love to see him in Maroon and White.

I wonder if Bijan is gonna hit the portal? What if he ended up at OU? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  These are worries that I have, though I would follow those players to whatever team they were on. They have lots of potential.

Unfortunately for Bijan that poor kid is taking a beating every run play. He's gonna be a cripple before the end of his college career and I don't mean that in a silly way.
                  Last edited by FCoDxDart; 11-09-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I agree with a roster flip for Texas. You can tell they aren't in it to win it. Though at this point they know they're hurting and moral is destroyed.

They have problems all over the field. DB's are getting beat or not able to close the distance. Oline is not blocking. QB's are not making good decisions. WR's are dropping the ball. Way way too many penalties.

I will say this, and I don't mean to sound like a sore loser, but the penalites have not been equally dished out against opponents. There were 3 times in the OK game where they might've gotten a sack but holding kept it from happening and it wasn't called.

Similar stuff happened in the other 2 games as well against OSU and Baylor

I won't say thats why we lost, but it was infuriating to see.

Comment

Isn't it the job of a coach/staff to build a team out of a bunch of individuals?

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        Isn't it the job of a coach/staff to build a team out of a bunch of individuals?
                        The answer is yes, but even the best chef in the world would struggle to produce good, consistent food with bad or missing ingredients. I also think people don't understand how just a few bad apples in the locker room can spoil the whole room as well. Winning football games hides a lot of these situations, but when a team starts to lose ballgames these issues are magnified and cause more issues.

I am not giving the coaching staff at Texas a pass on the team's performance this year, but from what I have seen it is more on the players than coaches. Yes, the coaches have to do better with the players they inherited and recruit guys to their system. I am not happy with the coaching staff at Texas (especially the DC), but I am also not going to judge them on year 1 considering the last 12 years of Texas Football.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                          I completely agree, whether its the players aren't a fan of the coaching staff or that the coaching staff isn't as worried about team unification. I think the team needs to take the off season to build on the basics and then work on team unification. It's gonna take years to get Texas to be playoff worthy and thats if they doing everything right.

In all honesty the expectations shouldn't have been too high this year.

Comment

Win-loss record through the first 9 games at UT:

Strong (4-5)
                            Herman (4-5)
                            Sark (4-5)

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              The answer is yes, but even the best chef in the world would struggle to produce good, consistent food with bad or missing ingredients. I also think people don't understand how just a few bad apples in the locker room can spoil the whole room as well. Winning football games hides a lot of these situations, but when a team starts to lose ballgames these issues are magnified and cause more issues.

I am not giving the coaching staff at Texas a pass on the team's performance this year, but from what I have seen it is more on the players than coaches. Yes, the coaches have to do better with the players they inherited and recruit guys to their system. I am not happy with the coaching staff at Texas (especially the DC), but I am also not going to judge them on year 1 considering the last 12 years of Texas Football.
                              That's fair

I thought about basic training in the military (best team builders in the world) and even they find the bad apples at the beginning and send them down the road, I just think that should have been done in August, not 9 games in.

I was asked to discuss the problem with Texas on my weekly radio spot tomorrow and personally I don't think they are a team, they wouldn't step in front of a bus for their brothers. The problem isn't scheme or lack of athletes, it's buy in and culture.

Both the other guys on the program are Longhorns, so it's interesting, but we don't troll each other (much)

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Win-loss record through the first 9 games at UT:

Strong (4-5)
                                Herman (4-5)
                                Sark (4-5)

Heck, even old Saban had a 4 game losing streak in his first year at Bama with one being ULM. I'm not sure what the future brings, nor is anyone else. But this season has certainly been a bigger roller coaster than the Aggie meme.

Sark is going to have to hit early on more kids like Worthy.

I think the biggest issue this season that "fans" can't wrap their heads around is the second half of the last 4 games. One thing folks don't realize is that that, while the OL was already not very good, it got a whole lot worse after Okafor went down and the offense lost some juice when Whittington went down. That says a lot to me when it comes to lack of depth and this staff dealing with undeveloped players from the previous regime.
                                Last edited by Chad C; 11-09-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X