Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this is speculation assuming OSU beats OU, which won't happen. OU going to beat Gundy like a red headed step child.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Obviously you don't understand the tie-breaker rules either. Aranda is playing to WIN in the present, and for a B12 Championship. Who cares if he gets beat 77-0 next year in Norman. He may not even be coaching in Waco next year.

In the event there is a 3-way tie for the B12 regular season it comes down to scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.

- Baylor lost to Okie State by 10. If OU, OSU and Baylor all end the season with 2 losses, the tie-breaker kicks OU out of the Big 12 championship game because Baylor beat them by more points (13) than OSU beat Baylor (10).

Kicking the FG guarantees Baylor plays in the B12 Championship Game should all 3 teams tie. BRILLIANT decision that will be glorified and talked about for ages should Baylor win the conference championship.

Excellent explanation of the facts, Blake. I believed Aranda's comment right after the game, and this really does show the far-sighted thinking involved.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        All this is speculation assuming OSU beats OU, which won't happen. OU going to beat Gundy like a red headed step child.
        OU has those pesky cyclones first.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Well I guess Aranda explained why he did it. Still chicken ****
          Well well well……and why is is CS….Smartman???? You took it hook line and sinker

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 11

Originally posted by FowlTrouble View Post
            Well well well……and why is is CS….Smartman???? You took it hook line and sinker

Writing in crayon for easier understanding ..

Again…See Riley quote above ..

Comment

I agree with Riley… on both counts of the FG. That’s hard for me to say too lol
              I completely understand the tie-breaker rule and why he did it, but of you’re that chicken **** to pull that kind of **** after a team has conceded, it says a pot about your character. Score the points when it matters, not when the team you’re playing has all but left the field. It’s something a democrat would do to win.

Comment

Writing in crayon for easier understanding ..

Again…See Riley quote above ..
                You believe it for sportsmanship??? 🤣🤣🤣

Speaking of crayons!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  I completely understand the tie-breaker rule and why he did it, but of you’re that chicken **** to pull that kind of **** after a team has conceded, it says a pot about your character. Score the points when it matters, not when the team you’re playing has all but left the field. It’s something a democrat would do to win.
                  Haha! You contradick yourself! Sorry for bad spellin

Comment

Time ends at 0:00 boys

Comment

Haha! You contradick yourself! Sorry for bad spellin
                      How did I contradict myself?

Comment

Time ends at 0:00 boys
                        Sure does……goes around, comes around.

Comment

Riley was out coached then. Apparently he didn't know the tie breaker rules if the conceded and quit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone really care what Baylor does honestly they are totally irrelevant every year. Glad they beat the Sooners they have been do that loss for weeks hopefully they will lose out ..

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Riley was out coached then. Apparently he didn't know the tie breaker rules if the conceded and quit
                              He knew the rules quite well, he probably never thought someone would sink that low to win a “tie breaker”. I thought there was a commercial that told the world that the Big12EST was the only conference with “One True Champion”? Deciding a winner by margin of victory is high schoolish.

Comment

How did I contradict myself?
                                Read your first line….i understand why he did it but….

No worries man, its just a game and OU is a good team, just got beat today

Comment

Working...
                                X