No announcement yet.

400"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it really matter if it’s not for you? Thinking maybe this is the way we should start responding when someone posts a picture of their wife, ‘Uhhhh, not for me!’

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      Does it really matter if it’s not for you? Thinking maybe this is the way we should start responding when someone posts a picture of their wife, ‘Uhhhh, not for me!’
      Actually, yes it does. It’s representative of who we are as outdoorsmen and hunters. This is the equivalent of playing a round of golf from the ladies tees and being proud of shooting 79.

Comment

I hear a trophy elk is in that 400" range......fortunatly God created them with a body to carry it

Comment

Originally posted by HughJerryHolas View Post
          Actually, yes it does. It’s representative of who we are as outdoorsmen and hunters. This is the equivalent of playing a round of golf from the ladies tees and being proud of shooting 79.
          I would be proud to shoot a 79 from the ladies tees.

Comment

Sad, truly sad. That somebody would create it, and some idiot would shoot it.

Comment

who gives a rats rear if anyone would like it or dislike it. this is a sport of choice and to each its own. The people who bark about this like a chihuahua have probably never shot anything anyhow. I do not shoot HF but don't care about who does. Grow up ladies. good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I would be proud to shoot a 79 from the ladies tees.
                Touché. Deer like this are why I canceled my TTHA membership. Of the 100 pages in their “magazine”, they advertise deer like this on 90 pages. Really sad.

Comment

lol

For that many inches it still has a good looking rack. Some of them not so much.

Comment

By the way, I feel sorry for the guys that have to measure these science fair project deer. That would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJerryHolas View Post
                      Touché. Deer like this are why I canceled my TTHA membership. Of the 100 pages in their “magazine”, they advertise deer like this on 90 pages. Really sad.
                      How on earth could you have ever got suckered into a TTHA membership in the first place then? I mean really....it has not changed in the last 45 years or so. It has always been a deer breeder grow'em bigger association.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        How on earth could you have ever got suckered into a TTHA membership in the first place then? I mean really....it has not changed in the last 45 years or so. It has always been a deer breeder grow'em bigger association.
                        Initial membership was a gift.

Comment

Lol this is a great comment here...

To answer questions, that's at Los Cazadores and they use that scanner to score the deer and most that do the scan are entered into their contest already trying to win a jacket or weekly prize.

As far as 400", I don't think that buck will get there, but it's really hard to tell once they get that big. I see him in the mid 300's

Comment

one hour on face book and I could shoot a buck like that, those kind of deer just dont do anything for me

That scan machine works fine on those big uglies, but its pointless to use it on the smaller bucks, they would save time to just hand score those

Comment

I’m glad you clarified it was high fence. I was thinking it was from a low fence in the hill country.

Kidding. Im not one to judge. As long as it’s done legally and ethically, to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                                one hour on face book and I could shoot a buck like that, those kind of deer just dont do anything for me

That scan machine works fine on those big uglies, but its pointless to use it on the smaller bucks, they would save time to just hand score those
                                Not true. It scans any size the same time. You can't score one by hand faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X