Dodged a hefty fine last night!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
    I got my first ticket this year. 36 years of driving and it was a B.S**** ticket. 40 in a 30 zone. I didn’t realize how expensive they were.
    When I was a rookie years and years ago I jumped at the chance at issuing speeding tickets. But, as I got older and wiser I learned that “stroking a note” didn’t feel the same. The excitement, the thrill wasn’t there anymore. I realized that EVERYONE of us makes mistakes. I also realized that conducting the traffic stop was in of itself the “punishment” if you will. A simple “hey slow the heck down before someone gets hurt” had a more profound impact on folks than a ticket in my mind. After several years of walking the beat I refused to issue speeding ticket cuz after all I did it too and never realized I was doing it. Don’t be a hypocrite!

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
      When I was a rookie years and years ago I jumped at the chance at issuing speeding tickets. But, as I got older and wiser I learned that “stroking a note” didn’t feel the same. The excitement, the thrill wasn’t there anymore. I realized that EVERYONE of us makes mistakes. I also realized that conducting the traffic stop was in of itself the “punishment” if you will. A simple “hey slow the heck down before someone gets hurt” had a more profound impact on folks than a ticket in my mind. After several years of walking the beat I refused to issue speeding ticket cuz after all I did it too and never realized I was doing it. Don’t be a hypocrite!
      I have received A LOT of speeding tickets in my career, I've got to think I'm over 60 in 27 years of driving. I can tell you that a ticket never did anything but **** me off, and cost me money. A warning always stuck with me longer....but never long enough. I've been trying to do better, I think my last speeding ticket was in 2014.

Comment

When I was about a three or four year officer I stopped a guy on a motorcycle going 85 in a 35 mile an hour zone. It was about 3 AM and it was a wide-open stretch that technically was residential and commercial but it was four lanes divided and not much had been built yet.

So I gave him a warning.…..

I thought he was going to pass out.

Two weeks later to the day, I caught him going the same speed in the same location. He got a citation that time.

I never saw him again. I guess he found a new place to open it up.

Comment

….. I wonder if 50 miles an hour over the speed limit would be considered reckless driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I have received A LOT of speeding tickets in my career, I've got to think I'm over 60 in 27 years of driving. I can tell you that a ticket never did anything but **** me off, and cost me money. A warning always stuck with me longer....but never long enough. I've been trying to do better, I think my last speeding ticket was in 2014.
            Not very wise in Wise county are we…..? LOL. Later in my career I approached all traffic stops as a way to educate folks rather than “punish” them. If the criminal element wasn’t present you were getting a warning for speeding. Bro, 60 notes in 27yrs of driving! Good Lawd you’re an awful driver lol. God bless my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              ….. I wonder if 50 miles an hour over the speed limit would be considered reckless driving.
              In a residential area you bet! On an open highway with no one else present doubtful. You gotta have the elements to make it hold up. It doesn’t mean you’re not possibly taking “the ride down town”, but DA would more than likely toss it.

Comment

In a residential area you bet! On an open highway with no one else present doubtful. You gotta have the elements to make it hold up. It doesn’t mean you’re not possibly taking “the ride down town”, but DA would more than likely toss it.
                Yes, I think even on the open road 50 miles an hour over the speed limit would fit probable cause elements of wanton disregard. I don’t think he district attorney will want to tie up one of his lawyers for what is essentially a Speeding ticket with a potential 30 days in jail attached.

Comment

Not very wise in Wise county are we…..? LOL. Later in my career I approached all traffic stops as a way to educate folks rather than “punish” them. If the criminal element wasn’t present you were getting a warning for speeding. Bro, 60 notes in 27yrs of driving! Good Lawd you’re an awful driver lol. God bless my brother.

They were mostly when I lived in town around Keller, Colleyville, Southlake, Grapevine, etc. I used to drive 45,000 miles a year, and was always in a hurry trying to make more money. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                    Are you Rick James?

Hahaha, nope. The “crack pipe” was a manual boost controller made from pipe fittings from Hone Depot. The car had a bad miss, but it only happened while under boost. So I was trying to narrow things down to figure out what was causing the problems. Took the boost controller off to run as low boost as possible, cut the exhaust off in case the catalytic converter was clogging up, ect.

I lost track at the number of times I’ve been pulled over, but have only gotten one ticket. Being respectful goes a long way.

Comment

God Bless the officers out there, I too LOVE speed. I come by it honestly, Mom and Dad raced at the local track before we were born and raised all 3 of us up around it. I've been given many more passes than I deserve and I have paid alot of tickets.

Warnings always stuck with me more than the tickets have. Don't know why that is, doesn't make sense. I also went through rice rockets. 85mph is nothing on one, I can remember doing triple digits many years ago looking for all my friends I was riding with, funny I always felt safer deep into triple digits than doing the speed limit in town. Never had an accident going fast. I've been in fender benders, mostly have been struck by others.

I'm old now and I do watch my speed alot more. We need you police officers out there, sorry for my past, working on my future.

Comment

You bunch of turds lol... Last ticket I got was 83 in an 80 out near Ozona. I asked the trooper to cut me some slack as it was my cruise control pushing me up at the top of a hill coming over. He said he doesn't give anybody any slack and he would write me for 81 in an 80.

Comment

What??? Wait a minute?

You got popped and didn't get a ticket? Say it ain't so

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            Got pulled over by a female DPS trooper for going 85 in a 55, with expired registration and expired inspection, 1’ of exhaust after the turbocharger so it was VERY loud, and what appeared to be a crack pipe in the passenger seat. I got let go with a warning.

I’ve been EXTREMELY lucky when it comes to getting out of tickets!!
                            Well, I guess at least it wasn't a dildo. People always seems to keep a spare dildo in their vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a heavy foot get a radar detector, sure a good one cost $500 but it has saved my butt many times.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                "I got no good excuse sir, just have my head up my ***"

That right there has gotten me out of three tickets that I deserved. I am very appreciative of the officers for not writing me a ticket.
                                This is what I usually tell them. Most of the time its the truth and most of the time they let me off with a warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X