• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drink a lot of beers

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
      Drink a lot of beers
      That's how I always start, as soon as camp is set up.
      Good IPA, chainsaw full of gas, and my Bruks.
      Building a woodpile before anything else is vital .

Comment

My wife suffered the 1st time we went to keystone. For those saying fitness is key, there is more to it bc my wife is super fit, works out 6 days a week with target heart rate between 140-170. I on the other hand during that period was a fat out of shape dude. Ive never had it, she on the other hand, had awful headaches and nausea.

We also stayed in Pueblo the day before heading into the mountains. But we live at a higher elevation than most of you down state, so it’s not as dramatic of a change for us. We live at 3400’ elev.

For her, we had he pound water and take hits off of the bottled compressed air they sell. About 8 hours later she felt better.

She didn’t have any issues the next 2 times we went to high elevation.

I’d say get adequate rest in advance, and get and stay hydrated in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          Call your Dr and get some Diamox.
          This, plus drink lots fluids and try to stay under 8k first night

Comment

I have spent a lot of time in the mountains of CO and the only person I have known to have an issue was my wife, she is in great shape and very physically active but it put her in the ER. Oxygen helped her through that trip but she has used Diamox since and never had another issue

Comment

I’ve had it bad, twice. Like mentioned previously, drink almost twice your normal daily intake of water for a couple weeks before the trip. It’s also not a bad idea to take it easy the first day and limit your alcohol intake.

Comment

Nothing anymore else hasn't said but drink plenty of water. If you feel an allergy like headache it is probably dehydration.

Comment

Working...
                X