No announcement yet.

It’s getting to be that time again, solar flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we are still seeing a plethora of strong solar flares coming from 2 VERY active sun spots. Most are VERY strong M class and low X class flares. So many in fact that 3 coronal mass ejections are supposed to be forming into 1 strong CME, and as of right now, is supposed to hit earth on Saturday.

With how many CMEs are hitting our atmosphere, it won’t take a strong cannibal CME to have effects here.

Comment

I knew there was a reason I was having all these hot flashes…!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        I knew there was a reason I was having all these hot flashes…!
        Hell it could be the cocktails

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Hell it could be the cocktails
          I…wait, what??

Comment

Sun spot 3664 let out another X class flare while we slept. X3

Comment

The first of 6 CMEs are hitting earth now. Early reports are already showing this being the strongest solar storm to hit earth in more than 20 years. One of my solar apps shows a 25% chance of seeing the northern lights tonight…… from San Antonio!!!

Comment

I haven't experienced any problems. Has anybody here?

Comment

any idea of how or when we could see the northern lights in DFW tonight? I've got a kiddo that's interested

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                    any idea of how or when we could see the northern lights in DFW tonight? I've got a kiddo that's interested

ac

If the northern lights are visible, they will probably be on the dim side, so you would have to travel north of D/FW to get away from the light pollution in order to see them. Driving south of D/FW won’t work because you need to look towards the north to see them and all of the lights in D/FW would make it difficult or impossible to see them.

Comment

Early this morning there was yet another X class solar flare. This one was an X1. Hopefully some of y’all got a chance to go outside and see the northern lights. We were able to see a very faint orangish, reddish glow down here in San Antonio.

the solar storm is supposed to continue for another 24-48 hours depending on if there was a CME tied to the last few X class solar flares. So, there is still a possibility to see the northern lights if y’all missed them last night.

Comment

Cloud cover up here made it all but impossible to see anything,unfortunately.

ac

Comment

Working...
                        X