No announcement yet.

Tricked by the Video - A Buck Named Troy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Adam! It is interesting how that arrow just stopped. Looks like you must have hit an offside bone of some sort.

Comment

Well done, amigo Adam!

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        Did the broadhead cut the femoral that runs right under the spine? That would explain the gush of blood on such a high hit. Done that before. Thought I lost the deer, and shot another, and ended up having to drag two out that morning.
        I think it probably hit that at some point with the arrow bouncing around. He made it about 120 yards straight line from where I shot him. It definitely nicked something good. The offside lung hole was tiny and he wasn't bleeding any from his nose or mouth. There was also a vein up above the heart that was severed too.

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
        Very cool looking buck. What is the name of the euro stand? I'd like to get a closer look at them.
        It's the Skull Hooker Trophy Tree. Camofire has them on clearance every week or two for around $100. Almost half price compared to their website

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Atta boy! Great edition of…What Really Happened Here?

Gonna post the actual video?
        Probably not just because I don't have a YT channel or any other platform to upload to.

Comment

Tricked by the Video - A Buck Named Troy

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
          Thanks all!

I think it probably hit that at some point with the arrow bouncing around. He made it about 120 yards straight line from where I shot him. It definitely nicked something good. The offside lung hole was tiny and he wasn't bleeding any from his nose or mouth. There was also a vein up above the heart that was severed too.

It's the Skull Hooker Trophy Tree. Camofire has them on clearance every week or two for around $100. Almost half price compared to their website

Probably not just because I don't have a YT channel or any other platform to upload to.

I’m betting you hit the dorsal aortic that travels under the spine at some point with that shot, Adam. It’s deadly.. too bad it’s so thin or we’d have another vital to aim for [emoji41]. If I’d have blown through mine versus nicking it, I might have found mine much earlier.

Comment

Ok, I was calling the Dorsal Aorta the femoral, guess the femoral is what splits to the back legs. Either way, you hit these main arteries from the heart, and they bleed out pretty quick. That also, in my opinion, show the benefit of shooting a big mechanical. Shot a pile of deer with jack hammers. Only switch to vortex, and then spitfires because the jackhammer blades seem to butter knifer pretty bad when they hit bone, and I had two instances where I sheared of a blade shooting bucks.
            Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 10-29-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X