Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    100% incorrect
    Alright amigo! Time to change your handle to Mr. Public. Mods, let's make this happen!

Congrats on the success! Making the most out of it is exceptional. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
      Sooooo.....is that a yes? I'll pm you my Cust # and birthday for next years drawings. LOL

How many draws did you snag this year?
      Hahaha, perhaps!

My cards are all filled with my Dad and other hunters I've met on draw hunts over the years. Infact, they are the people I talk to and do stuff with the most.

I got 5 permits so far, maybe 6 when I check the mail. More than I can hunt![emoji28][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        Alright amigo! Time to change your handle to Mr. Public. Mods, let's make this happen!

Congrats on the success! Making the most out of it is exceptional. Good job!
        I've thought about it! Maybe![emoji12]

Thanks! Hope all the luck continues!![emoji120]

Comment

the dude obviously has skills. Not only has he drawn consistently year over year. He has connected with an animal each time.

Maybe he should do a TV show...

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
            I'm not saying that someone drawing the tags is cheating but I'm not sure this is statistically possible. The odds must be in the trillions to 1. I would be curious to see who he's married to or related to at TP&W.
            As stated, Not married and I certainly don't have some secret relative or relationship with TPWD.[emoji1787][emoji1787] That is funny, it's so hard for some folks to accept the facts they get hung up in disbelief and go down a rabbit hole of "how can this be" thoughts.

1 in a trillion sounds too much. I know some guys on here that I consider very elite public land hunters in Texas.

Since you like statistics, like I do.

Here's a statistic that is true:

Fact: The success rate for an archery mature buck and/or mature nilgai has statistically been 1% or less success rate for decades on that specific piece of public land.

2 of the WT bucks (9pt & 10pt) & both Bull nilgai and cow nilgai were also archery harvest.

That's 4 consecutive years of being the 1% success rate.

To me, that is more notable than a single big deer or any P&Y buck harvest. Big deer can get stupid during the rut and anybody can get a shot when they are throwing caution to the wind or their dander is really up. Many of those bucks I called into bow range and killed.

Additonally, many of these kills were on limited day(3-5day) hunt periods, with limited access and some primitive hunts (no baiting).

A large difference from public land that accessible year around or all season.

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
              Dang it..............I should have went with "Mr Public"
              Hahaha I actually thought about your handle when I first read that![emoji1787] I thought it was already taken!

Comment

I have 7 or more preference points in at least 11 categories and more in a few others. I have never been drawn once. I smell something fishy.

Comment

It's one thing to draw that often and another to be successful on mature animals. Cheers brother, you definitely bust your tail to keep that streak alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I have 7 or more preference points in at least 11 categories and more in a few others. I have never been drawn once. I smell something fishy.
                    [emoji1787]There is absolutely nothing fishy going on. What you smell is you own sourness and unawareness.

I have 7+ more points in categories too.

What's your point?

Comment

The jealousy on this thread is staggering to me. Congrats sir on your streak….I hope it continues. I’ve been called lucky all my life. I finally figured out my luck was mostly preparation meeting opportunity. Others are completely unaware of the preparation part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        [emoji1787]There is absolutely nothing fishy going on. What you smell is you own sourness and unawareness.

I have 7+ more points in categories too.

What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                          It's one thing to draw that often and another to be successful on mature animals. Cheers brother, you definitely bust your tail to keep that streak alive.
                          Amen! Thanks brother! Yes, I bust my tail harder than 100% of the guys whining about their experiences. I doubt half could even keep pace with alot of the stuff I do prior to and during my hunting. Sometimes I'm more relax than others, but when it comes to draw hunts with limited days, I prepare, research, scout and put a very time effective and fast pace plan to execute in advance of the hunt and keep chipping away at it til the end. Never quit.(I recall so many hunts that hunters quit on, even the Chap![emoji2962]) I don't sit still. If somethings not happening, I'm making moves to make something happen and have pulled a rabbit out of a hat numerous times at the last minute.
                          I HOPE I can keep my streak going, last several seasons have averaged about 4 big game animals per season.

I'm getting my butt kicked so far this season. Plenty of shots, just not close enough encounters on mature bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            The jealousy on this thread is staggering to me. Congrats sir on your streak….I hope it continues. I’ve been called lucky all my life. I finally figured out my luck was mostly preparation meeting opportunity. Others are completely unaware of the preparation part.

THIS^^^
                            100% AGREE.

Thank you, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I like your assertion, but I think you fail to see the odds in real time. I don't think there is anyone in here wishing him ill will or bad luck. I think most are just bewildered by the streak. He has a golden horseshoe up his ***!! LMAO

Comment

Congrats on your success GBludau!

Comment

Working...
                                X