San Antonio Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    The picture is taken when you go through the toll scanner. In case you haven't noticed, VINs now come complete with bar codes. Meter maids just use a hand scanner on your VIN that then prints the ticket.
    So the toll rd cameras are taking legible photos of a vin plate thats 1/2"x3" on vehicle traveling +/- 60mph through glass day and night??

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
      Revelco is the only way to keep your truck or suv in the same spot you parked in
      Now it will still be damaged by thieves, but impossible to steal without a wrecker towing it
      This is what I have. Leave nothing in the truck and unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        The picture is taken when you go through the toll scanner. In case you haven't noticed, VINs now come complete with bar codes. Meter maids just use a hand scanner on your VIN that then prints the ticket.
        My vin plate has been covered for years now, and I've never gotten a ticket for it. Take tolls daily.

I actually did it because I was paranoid that relatively ambitious car thieves could scan that code and somehow make a key fit my ignition/chip in my key.

Comment

UPDATE: The truck was involved in a police chase this morning. I just heard from my wife, and she said the truck is absolutely trashed, back seats are gone, tail gate doesn't work, and obviously torn up from the chase. I think she said they found it around Freer, but it was obviously being used for human trafficking.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            It’s almost comical what the SAPD does about the plague of theft on the north side, they give you a website and 1-800 # to call and file a report
            Yet they have lots of different stings on prostitution and porch pirate, ect on the news, Harris co and Bexar co are a joke on property crime
            It's not just the north side. Our house was burglarized (kicked in the front door) in 2011 (we lived by Northstar Mall at the time). I asked the cop how to prevent it from happening in the future and she said "don't own anything nice and make your house look less appealing than your neighbors". They didn't even dust for prints.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              My vin plate has been covered for years now, and I've never gotten a ticket for it. Take tolls daily.

I actually did it because I was paranoid that relatively ambitious car thieves could scan that code and somehow make a key fit my ignition/chip in my key.
              The toll cameras dont read VINs. I pulled every single call slip for toll rd violations for 2 months today and not VIN mentioned. Its all by plate. I mean how quick of a camera would you have to get to do that. Plus think of the various angles of vehicles dash where the plate is put on

I'll also add Ive had toll tag violations when they messed up my account when I added my boat trailer. I got cited in austin and on ft bend county roll road over that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                This happened to me a couple years ago, so I had the door handle and lock replaced with a rear door handle so they can't do that any longer. I just have to hope the battery doesn't die or I won't be able to open the door with the remote
                My F250 was broken into 6 times in less than a year at work in Houston. I did both of these things. Thankfully, I did not have anything of value in my truck to steal.

Comment

My f250 got hit today at a local boat ramp. Best estimate sofar is about $1200 in tools taken.

Comment

Working...
                  X