No announcement yet.

Big East Texas Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe natural E Texas deer can produce as big or bigger deer than natural S Texas deer.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Those are bought and paid for bucks. I’d bet the large majority of the bucks you’re seeing are killed on high fenced ranches. I grew up in east Texas and big bucks just don’t live long enough to get that big.
      bad take

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stroked View Post
        well stop shooting them when they are young and you will see bigger bucks.
        I said I grew up there, I don’t hunt there. 24 hr hunting days are very common in East Texas.

Comment

I said I grew up there, I don’t hunt there. 24 hr hunting days are very common in East Texas.
          Broad brush much? I'm sure East Texas is the only place where people poach.....The biggest setback here is the hunter density.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
            Broad brush much? I'm sure East Texas is the only place where people poach.....The biggest setback here is the hunter density.
            Then hopefully more of the hunters can read RLB's post and think like him .. No poaching in the Hill Country, go hunt there. Not wets behind every cactus in South Texas either, give that a shot

Comment

I get tired of the ET rant too. More people live here like is mentioned. The crap goes on everywhere. People that have their big ranches in other parts of the state, heck even other states, think they are oblivious to it. It’s often on a larger scale there than they realize.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                There are no big bucks in East Texas. Stay west of I-45 if you want big deer
                This. I’m leaving ET.

Comment

Same for some places in south Texas, Starr and Duvall counties are notable enough for 24/7/365 hunters

Comment

Small tracts of private property in East Texas which leads to higher hunter density compared to south or central west Texas where large tracts of land are more common and a lot smaller human population.

Comment

And the size of the properties. Deep East Texas has some large places, but around where I live 50 to 100 acres is pretty normal. It’s hard to pass a 3.5 year old 120” buck when you know you probably won’t see him again, so…..people don’t.

Comment

Some of the biggest low fence deer killed every year in Texas come out of East Texas. Hell I just saw another giant killed over the weekend in Trinity County. 10 years ago I never thought I would lease land in East Texas for hunting. I now have a lease in Houston County. Killed a good one my first year on it and passed on some solid deer last season. I got some studs on camera this season I'm hoping to cross paths with soon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know of a 200 inch buck out of Liberty county. Nobody will ever see this deer though. It’s a honey hole and he claimed there’s one much bigger in there.

Comment

Alot of the Temple Inland hunting clubs received does from a primo south texas ranch over a period of several years, that stopped about 10 years ago. Some clubs only got 4-8 does a year and others received more each season. That ranch had a ton of 150-180 class bucks and produced a couple of 200"+ bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              The hunting club I an on in east Tx had pregnant S Tx does brought in a number of years back. Can’t remember exactly what some of the long time members told me on exactly how long ago. But, the club president at the time who is now a retired game warden told me the same thing.
                              Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Some of the biggest low fence deer killed every year in Texas come out of East Texas. Hell I just saw another giant killed over the weekend in Trinity County. 10 years ago I never thought I would lease land in East Texas for hunting. I now have a lease in Houston County. Killed a good one my first year on it and passed on some solid deer last season. I got some studs on camera this season I'm hoping to cross paths with soon.

since Ive seen the pic I wonder if yall are talking about the same place. Either way that deer will go over 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                since Ive seen the pic I wonder if yall are talking about the same place. Either way that deer will go over 200.
                                There was a thread started by a member the week before last I believe...deer went just north of 200. Might be the one you are talking about. I've seen 2 deer that were killed this past weekend that are absolute slobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X