Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Held responsible in criminal court or civil court?

A business owner or manager can certainly be held responsible for damages. In fact that is where deep pockets comes from.

I thought that I read that Baldwin has already paid for responsibility but maybe that was just another rumor.

So when you were held responsible for your employees’ actions, did the police come and arrest you?
    Wasn't anything criminal just had to pay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      The reason they have an armorer on set is exactly because these folks aren’t weapons experts. Armorer, 100% has explaining to do. Actor, not so much.

Call me a cynic, but no one is putting the Santa Fe DA on TV for a month for the Armorer alone, so here we are.

If you are handed a weapon, real or prop, and you are in possession of said weapon when it is discharged, who is the party that's responsible when someone is killed with said weapon?
      If you handed a weapon to me, am I to 'assume ' that it's unloaded, or not?
      Last edited by Pstraw; 01-23-2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        If you are handed a weapon, real or prop, and you are in possession of said weapon when it is discharged, who is the party that's responsible when someone is killed with said weapon?
        Don't bring common sense into this!

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          If it’s a prop you have reasonable cause to believe it isn’t a weapon. “Always treat a gun as if it is loaded” isn’t statute.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Wasn't anything criminal just had to pay up.
            So being responsible as the boss doesn’t cross over into a criminal act.

Didn’t Alec Baldwin already “pay up”?

Comment

You'd think if your gona hire someone to handle weapons firearms ect you'd think you'd hire someone that is competent for the job. I'm sure theres been plenty of employers that have been held responsible for their employees actions. In fact I know there is because I'v3 been held responsible for my employees actions....accident or not.

Daddy hires a guide for his ranch the guide doesn't know a 150 from a 170 and wrong deer gets shot. Is it pops fault for hiring a guide who doesn't know his head from his *** or guides fault for being an idiot? Blame is placed on both imo.
              Who’s daddy? You talking about your dad? What’s criminal in that situation?

I don’t see how that compares to this circumstance.

Comment

Yep, the production company & producers insurance company will be paying big time on this one! Baldwin will have his personal liability insurance smashed also. That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  So being responsible as the boss doesn’t cross over into a criminal act.

Didn’t Alec Baldwin already “pay up”?
                  Have no clue. To me someone's life is worth more than paying up maybe to some it isn't. You take a weapon from someone don't make sure it isn't loaded and pull the trigger killing someone you have alot of responsibility in the death of that person. Apparently the DA believes the same as they have charged him. Shooter and employer.
                  Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 01-23-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Have no clue. To me someone's life is worth more than paying up maybe to some it isn't. You take a weapon from someone don't make sure it isn't loaded and pull the trigger killing someone you have alot of responsibility in the death of that person. Apparently the DA believes the same as they have charged him. Shooter and employer.
                    The DA could charge a ham sandwich…. Isn’t that what they always say?

Certainly, we don’t know all the facts of the case and may not know the details of NM law and case law. Remember that George Zimmerman and Kyle Rittenhouse were also charged in emotional and national news homicides. How’d that work out for the prosecution?

It is my opinion that it is not nearly so simplistic as people are making it out to be. Baldwin held a gun, it was fired, guilty. Uhhhh…. not necessarily.

Comment

Not saying he will get any punishment from the charges who knows. All I'm saying is he holds alot of responsibility for the girls death and should be held accountable imo.

Comment

Things we don't know about the prop gun Baldwin was supplied with.
                        1. Was is an authentic 1873 colt?
                        2. was it a more modern version?
                        3. did it have a fixed firing pin?
                        4. did it have a safety transfer bar like newer reproductions use?
                        5. did it have a floating firing pin?
                        All of these thing could help explain how the gun went off accidentally or on purpose.
                        So far the FBI forensics says it would have to have had the trigger pulled or hammer thumbed while the trigger was already pulled. Which was it?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Things we don't know about the prop gun Baldwin was supplied with.
                          1. Was is an authentic 1873 colt?
                          2. was it a more modern version?
                          3. did it have a fixed firing pin?
                          4. did it have a safety transfer bar like newer reproductions use?
                          5. did it have a floating firing pin?
                          All of these thing could help explain how the gun went off accidentally or on purpose.
                          So far the FBI forensics says it would have to have had the trigger pulled or hammer thumbed while the trigger was already pulled. Which was it?
                          Good point. Very sad indeed.
                          Last edited by rbsears; 01-24-2023, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Here’s a very detailed article about the court case and the events. The armourer said in 1 text that the “guns jammed” prior the day of the shooting. ***?

Also ,she was arguing about how man days she’d be paid at the higher armourer union rate, so she could go party in Denver”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didnt know (prop) guns could fire live ammo.

Comment

For authenticity, the movie industry uses real weapons. A relative was a property master on many movies, and he would be the person who would rent the firearms from a supply company. I think he had an FFL, but it's been years and I'm not sure.

There was somebody else in the production company as the armourer whose job was to be responsible for them at the production set, storage, cleaning, actor training and SAFETY.

Comment

Working...
                                X