X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are the deer not effected by the mostly white cat camped out under your tree?

Comment

Good luck Mike!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Whoa....that was a nasty 3 hours in the tree.

At 4:30 a big bodied 8 ran a doe out of the bedding area and down the ridge. I stopped the doe with a grunt, but the the buck ran up on her and she bolted. I grunted again, but the buck was more interested in chasing the doe. This is the first chasing I have seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              Back out on a timbered ridge just above a cedar bedding area. Open pasture behind me. This will be my last hunt for the "Flyer" buck unless I get more pictures. I am about 100 yards above where I got pictures of the buck. North wind, 48 degrees, raining.

Beautiful!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

It’s about to get good in the midwest! Good luck!

Comment

I’m caught up and following.

Good luck to you this year Mike!!

I’ll be in Illinois in 10 days and then on to Kansas, but I’ll be dreaming of Iowa again the whole time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes.

It has been a little slow this first week that I have hunted. I kinda got sidetracked with the "Flyer" buck. I have spent parts of 4 days hunting him and he has ghosted me. The areas I have hunted for him is not areas that I generally see a lot of deer (heavy cover) so my deer sightings have been down some.

The weather has been rough for 3 days of this week which has limited my hunting.

I wimped out this morning. I got up at 5:00 am went outside and was hit by a brisk north wind mixed with rain. I went back to bed. The wind has been gusting 20-30 mph which is not ideal for tree stands, hearing, calling and comfort to sit for several hours. The wind is supposed to be down around 15 mph later this evening. I am planning to set my decoy up on the edge of a cut bean field that has standing corn nearby.

I hope this thread has been interesting for everyone and not too boring. It's a long season and it should get better and better in the next week or so. The weather is looking much better for next week.

Listen to this for some really good information if you are headed to the Midwest for a hunt in the next couple of weeks. Rod White has been at this a long time and has a lot of great info to share. The Iowa (all of the Midwest) rut happens pretty much day by day every year as he describes.

https://anchor.fm/bucksbullsandbows/...Series-e19gd0j

Comment

Still enjoying the thread and looking forward to the "rut" heating up for you.

Comment

Not boring Mike, it’s just life. Some days chicken, some days feathers. You got a lot of hunting to do yet, you and the cats. Y’all pace yourselves !

Comment

Keep after em Mike! Good luck!

Comment

“Interesting?” I’ll take this over a bunch of Jack holes arguing about what time it is. Or you know, your grandmas maiden name. Relevant stuff like that.

Keep it up Mike. It’s great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              “Interesting?” I’ll take this over a bunch of Jack holes arguing about what time it is. Or you know, your grandmas maiden name. Relevant stuff like that.

Keep it up Mike. It’s great.
                              Thanks Jeff !!! Will do.

I am set up this evening where I was a week ago. I am in the Woodsy Too tree stand instead of the saddle. I have the decoy set up as a broke off buck. The decoy is at the end of the terrace between cut beans and standing corn. The decoy is at 20 yards. The wind is still blowing pretty hard. When and if it calms some I am going to rattle. I will almost guarantee there are deer bedded in the corn. I don't think they could hear me rattling until the wind lays some.

I am glad the rain has moved out.

Cloudy, north wind in my face, 48 degrees.

Comment

In for the evening!

Comment

Working...
                                X