Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Colin Powell died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least he served this country with two tours in Vietnam. While others were getting special favors from their Daddy’s like serving in the Texas air National guard or getting a medical waiver because of bone spurs. What p*#%ies!!! Politics aside, Thank you Mr Powell for your service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      "Today, we are a country divided, and we have a president doing everything in his power to make it that way and keep us that way," Powell said in a pretaped speech for the convention in August 2020. "What a difference it will make to have a president who unites us, who restores our strength and our soul."

Thats the DNC he spoke at.

Well this didnt age well.
      When words come back to bite...

Comment

I haven't kept up with Powells service in politics or the military so I'll reserve comment on either. However, I ask this, If a person's service to their country becomes a disservice to it, at what point do you no longer owe them a "thank you for your service"? And I'm not saying Powell falls into this category, but some seem to think he does so are they wrong in thinking so? Benedict Arnold served our country. Is he to be remember for his service or his treason?
        .... to save some of you the typing, no, I'm not comparing Powell to Arnold

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          Yes.

How many hundreds of times have we read in this forum statements like I appreciate your service to our country in the military or God Bless the first responders or we owe those why have served or whatever?

Maybe we should add ending statements such as… Thank you for your service: Except you that voted Democrat or except you who switch parties or except you that disagree with me or…..

I can see it now, “I was going to thank the police officer that saved my child’s life but now I understand that he is a Libertarian so he can go to heck. Thanks for nothing!”.
          Kinda like this? LOL

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement released Tuesday morning. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            I haven't kept up with Powells service in politics or the military so I'll reserve comment on either. However, I ask this, If a person's service to their country becomes a disservice to it, at what point do you no longer owe them a "thank you for your service"? And I'm not saying Powell falls into this category, but some seem to think he does so are they wrong in thinking so? Benedict Arnold served our country. Is he to be remember for his service or his treason?
            .... to save some of you the typing, no, I'm not comparing Powell to Arnold

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            I haven't researched enough of his military career to say one way or another. What I know, I didn't serve, and I have the utmost respect for those who were willing to give their lives for the country. He was one of those guys (Unless I am corrected later one). He does deserve credit for being willing to die for his country.

However, he went full Crenshaw once he got to politics. You never go full Crenshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              Kinda like this? LOL

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement released Tuesday morning. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"
              no he didnt

Comment

Not sure how or why he flipped and became a race baiter but he did. Ended up in the same barrel as John McCain.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                  Kinda like this? LOL

He did the same thing when John McCain died. Didn't Trump dodge service during the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    no he didnt
                    Yes, he did. I thought it was an Onion article at first.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                        He did the same thing when John McCain died. Didn't Trump dodge service during the draft?
                        Not a Powell fan, but I wish Trump would not have done this with him.

He had a reason for doing this with McCain and McCain deserved it.

Comment

No, he was given the same exemption that they force anyone into with a medical condition that disqualifies them from service. I recommend some critical thinking.

Comment

Didn't Trump dodge service during the draft?
                            link? or nah?
                            Last edited by jshouse; 10-20-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X