Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

People with no car insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks I tell ya! Back in the late 90s I got off work early one Friday afternoon to go fishing and some POS with out insurance pulled out in front of me in my 92 dodge 250 Cummins doing about 70mph, and as you can imagine I sent him to La La land. He was driving a small beat up Toyota Corolla.

Comment

Friend of mine was an agent here in town and after a similar thing happened to me, he told me 65% of the drivers in our town were uninsured. That was years ago, and I'd bet COVID has raised those numbers, along with the influx of illegals.

Comment

Yeah, you’d be shocked at how many people driving around without insurance and licenses. Just blows my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

But its against the law to drive without insurance.

JK - sorry fo your troubles - safe thing happened t me about 10 years ago. Except mine was not totaled.

Comment

You just described the POS that rear ended me and totaled our Toyota Camry. When i saw the differnet color door, no plates and no inspection sticker, i knew I was screwed. Then he had the balls to tell me me to just exchange insurance info and call it good. i told him, "Bull****, I'm calling the cops". Result, he got 4 tickets, one of them for no insurance. And he walked away. I had to get another car and pay the $500 deductible. My insurance company never got jack from that moron. People should lose their licenses over crap like that.
            Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            This. The people that are uninsurable with no license, no current tags or inspection with paper tags , different color quarter panels, hood and doors on their rust rockets drive like total morons.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
              You just described the POS that rear ended me and totaled our Toyota Camry. When i saw the differnet color door, no plates and no inspection sticker, i knew I was screwed. Then he had the balls to tell me me to just exchange insurance info and call it good. i told him, "Bull****, I'm calling the cops". Result, he got 4 tickets, one of them for no insurance. And he walked away. I had to get another car and pay the $500 deductible. My insurance company never got jack from that moron. People should lose their licenses over crap like that.

no, they should go to jail, IMO.

Comment

What year vehicle was she driving? Is there a Lien on the vehicle? If so it’s insured by the lender at a very high cost to the buyer. If no lien then you have to go through the civil part of getting a recovery. Suspended license and giving false information to a LEO is something you need to explain to the handling agency’s traffic investigation division. Making a report and getting an investigator to follow up are 2 separate things. Crash is a civil issue but the no liab insurance is a crime, so is giving wrong address. Also contact DPS with said info cause your insurance company usually isn’t interested in getting the other party yo face charges or license forfeiture/suspension. If they’re buying a home they’ll need to run a credit check and some lenders look at insurances and drivers license just saying it’s something plus the diminished value of your vehicle and your medical

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
                  We have found where they are having a new house built and bragging about it on face book. Now we have their real address (not the one they gave at the accident) and have turned it over to state farm along with the county appraisal info. I also have other information for vehicles they own. I feel sure State Farm will go after everything. Here are pictures of the new house. They can afford to have a house built but not car insurance. SMH.....
                  We live in Texas, thankfully going after someone’s house is protected, but there does need to be some type of penalty for not obeying the law. Just add it to the list of other **** people don’t take personal responsibility for.

Comment

Happened to me twice and once the driver was drunk, left the scene of the accident and his license had been revoked. #1 vehicles being driven with no insurance should be impounded (regardless of who owns them and sold to help pay damages)

Comment

the only cure for this issue is no fault insurance,, you cover only your car regardless of fault,,, poor driver would then be pegged with higher insurance and better drivers with less,,,, except the insurance companies will not allow that,,, they lump us all by county records, thats why even if your a great driver but live in jefferson, tarrant, travis, harris county or others like that you pay a higher rate than people in places like hardin, webb or uvalde county with lower populations and therefore lower claims numbers

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                        What year vehicle was she driving? Is there a Lien on the vehicle? If so it’s insured by the lender at a very high cost to the buyer. If no lien then you have to go through the civil part of getting a recovery. Suspended license and giving false information to a LEO is something you need to explain to the handling agency’s traffic investigation division. Making a report and getting an investigator to follow up are 2 separate things. Crash is a civil issue but the no liab insurance is a crime, so is giving wrong address. Also contact DPS with said info cause your insurance company usually isn’t interested in getting the other party yo face charges or license forfeiture/suspension. If they’re buying a home they’ll need to run a credit check and some lenders look at insurances and drivers license just saying it’s something plus the diminished value of your vehicle and your medical
                        They were driving a 2012 Dodge Durango. She mentioned something about a car lot payment. The house is in their name according to county tax records. No incident report yet. We will see what happens. State Farm said they will go after them because my insurance will be out close to $40,000 when this is all over. We may or may not have driven by their house already and seen a junker car outside with temp plates that are from a known scam dealership that hands out temp plates out of Houston..... Here are pictures of her vehicle. It went to the Dallas impound yard.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Do you have uninsured motorist coverage. Your insurance should take care or everything.
                          You don't need uninsured coverage if you have collision. It pays regardless in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                            BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
                            This. Was hit by uninsured motorist years ago. Filed a suit against him and he no showed at the court. Was awarded the full ask. It is a pain, and you may not get much out but the courts can put liens on properties, garnish wages, etc... at the bare minimum, they know the mistake they made dealing with all of that BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              I’d get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
                              Que?

Comment

No comprende senior!!

Comment

Working...
                                X