No announcement yet.

I Spent the Last 2 Days at the Vortex Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty awesome setup. It is amazing to see a new company jump into a very competitive, crowded space and thrive like they have.

Comment

I’ll bet that was a fun two days Mike ! (I had no idea you were a Vortex dealer, I thought you were merely a hunting cat trainer)
      I only have one Vortex product, a Venom red dot reflex sight. It has been a good one so far, and If I ever have to buy another rifle scope, it will probably be a Vortex.

Comment

The Vortex Edge facility is open to any police department for training exercises of all types.

They also offer civilian firearm training and home self defense firearm training.

This is the second year that the shooting facility will be open at no charge to hunters to sight in their guns. The hunter can sight in their rifle or a Vortex shooting instructor will sight it in if the hunter prefers. Last year was the first year for this. They sighted in over 500 rifles over a three day period Friday, Saturday, Sunday before last year's Wisconsin gun season.

Funny story..... they had an older gentleman with an older rifle and scope. He nor the Vortex guys were having any success sighting this rifle in. They decided to take the scope off and retorque the mounts and rings to the proper inch pounds. When they removed the scope they found a Wrigley's foil gum wrapper that was being used as a shim between the ring and scope on the rear mount.[emoji1] They ended up mounting new rings and a new scope for the gentleman and did not charge him for any of the new equipment.

Here is a link to the Vortex Edge facility.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-15-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Very cool, being from WI, I love seeing their continued success. The only bittersweet part is that all MFG has moved off shore. That said, my Razor UHD's are freaking awesome. Love the company, love that they are bringing business to Wisconsin.

Hope you enjoyed your time up there, and maybe got to spend some time in the bow woods before it gets cold! Lot's of public in that part of the state if you can dodge the Madison hippies.

Comment

I grew up about 30 miles south of Barneveld (I know I'm a Yankee but been in TX over 30 years so that should count for something). Lots of good people in that part of the country. Hard working farmers and small business owners. And they LOVE their deer hunting.

Right around my high school graduation in 1984, the town of Barneveld was hit by an F5 tornado. Reported that 90% of the town was destroyed. Awesome to see what Vortex is doing in that small community. Hope the link about the tornado works below.

https://www.weather.gov/mkx/060884-barneveld-tor

Comment

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

They are the perfect example of how to honor your product. My brother broke his scope in half while elk hunting last year. He took a bad fall down a ravine. Vortex sent him a new scope with no questions.

Comment

Awesome and thanks for sharing the experience!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Very cool, being from WI, I love seeing their continued success. The only bittersweet part is that all MFG has moved off shore. That said, my Razor UHD's are freaking awesome. Love the company, love that they are bringing business to Wisconsin.

Hope you enjoyed your time up there, and maybe got to spend some time in the bow woods before it gets cold! Lot's of public in that part of the state if you can dodge the Madison hippies.
                    It is beautiful country up there. Now that I live in Iowa it's only 4.5 hours from our farm. I am getting ready to get after these SE Iowa deer.

I was very surprised to see the size of their machining facility. I am going to estimate 40,000 to 50,000 sq ft. Many CNC machines, laser etching machine, computer tolerance measuring machines etc. I couldn't take any pictures in there because they are working on a lot of military prototype scope parts. There are also building some of their upper end scopes there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      The Vortex Edge facility is open to any police department for training exercises of all types.

They also offer civilian firearm training and home self defense firearm training.

This is the second year that the shooting facility will be open at no charge to hunters to sight in their guns. The hunter can sight in their rifle or a Vortex shooting instructor will sight it in if the hunter prefers. Last year was the first year for this. They sighted in over 500 rifles over a three day period Friday, Saturday, Sunday before last year's Wisconsin gun season.

Funny story..... they had an older gentleman with an older rifle and scope. He nor the Vortex guys were having any success sighting this rifle in. They decided to take the scope off and retorque the mounts and rings to the proper inch pounds. When they removed the scope they found a Wrigley's foil gum wrapper that was being used as a shim between the ring and scope on the rear mount.[emoji1] They ended up mounting new rings and a new scope for the gentleman and did not charge him for any of the new equipment.

Here is a link to the Vortex Edge facility.

Haaaa! In my youth I may have cut a strip out of an aluminum beer can to use as a shim. :-). If I did do that, it actually worked well.

Comment

Talk about makin America grat again, If all companies would take care of their employees like that they wouldn't be havin trouble hirin people right now. They're too busy chasin the $$$$$$$$ though, at all cost!

Way to go Vortex!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                          I grew up about 30 miles south of Barneveld (I know I'm a Yankee but been in TX over 30 years so that should count for something). Lots of good people in that part of the country. Hard working farmers and small business owners. And they LOVE their deer hunting.

Right around my high school graduation in 1984, the town of Barneveld was hit by an F5 tornado. Reported that 90% of the town was destroyed. Awesome to see what Vortex is doing in that small community. Hope the link about the tornado works below.

https://www.weather.gov/mkx/060884-barneveld-tor
                          Yes !!!

I learned about that devastating F5 tornado. Basically all that was left of Barneveld was the water tower.

I also learned about the Ridgeway ghost.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              It is beautiful country up there. Now that I live in Iowa it's only 4.5 hours from our farm. I am getting ready to get after these SE Iowa deer.

I was very surprised to see the size of their machining facility. I am going to estimate 40,000 to 50,000 sq ft. Many CNC machines, laser etching machine, computer tolerance measuring machines etc. I couldn't take any pictures in there because they are working on a lot of military prototype scope parts. There are also building some of their upper end scopes there.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they were doing all that stuff of stuff now. I thought all their glass moved off shore too. Fantastic to hear!

I should have looked at your location. Growing up in WI, I dreamed of hunting Iowa bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                                Talk about makin America grat again, If all companies would take care of their employees like that they wouldn't be havin trouble hirin people right now. They're too busy chasin the $$$$$$$$ though, at all cost!

Way to go Vortex!
                                Yes !!! Everyone in that building greeted us with a smile. The atmosphere in there is upbeat and happy.

The employees can bring their pets to work. On any given day there were be 20-30 dogs laying by there owner's desk. They have a dog walking/pooping area that is really nice right outside the building. I didn't see see any cats, but I am sure they don't discriminate as long as the pet is well behaved and gets along with others.

Comment

Working...
                                X