Hogs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    A 6.5CM and about 10 tracking dogs should do the trick….
    Shoot em in the ear hole. No dogs needed.

Comment

AR15 or .17hmr in the ear….

Comment

Originally posted by Fooser View Post
        Been looking at that one actually. Doing some research about the .223 vs the .300 blackout. May be giving you a call in a month if it’s still available. That’s what gun started this thread
        And I'm willing to break it up and sell individually

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Weatherby Vanguard in 223 caliber. But, I trap 20 times more hogs than I shoot in the open and that's probably because I don't like hunting at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            I use a Weatherby Vanguard in 223 caliber. But, I trap 20 times more hogs than I shoot in the open and that's probably because I don't like hunting at night.
            I would definitely be hunting at night and day as well. Let the kids have some fun shooting them. will take a look at trapping them too.

Comment

Dad taught me that one when I was 8. Little bit of brain hanging out there on a 150 yard shot with a .223
              Love to see what a 50bmg does to one of these though haha!

Ask and ye shall receive….

The OP….a standard AR in 223/5.56 works just fine. We kill hundreds every year. Killed this one Saturday night. 274#….one shot right in the shoulder with a 64gr Gold Dot. Didn’t take a step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Benelli m4 with 00buck

Comment

My two weapons of choice are a .308 AR-10 with a thermal and a .22 Henry.

The .308 has probably taken out 2-dozen hogs in the past 2 years and the .22 Henry around 200.... cuz they're in a corral trap.

That tells me, if you're trying to get a handle on the numbers, a corral trap is your best bet... but the AR and a thermal is more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    Ask and ye shall receive….

The OP….a standard AR in 223/5.56 works just fine. We kill hundreds every year. Killed this one Saturday night. 274#….one shot right in the shoulder with a 64gr Gold Dot. Didn’t take a step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Ouch that first one looks rough!! I was thinking maybe an m134 mini gun would do the trick as well

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                      My two weapons of choice are a .308 AR-10 with a thermal and a .22 Henry.

The .308 has probably taken out 2-dozen hogs in the past 2 years and the .22 Henry around 200.... cuz they're in a corral trap.

That tells me, if you're trying to get a handle on the numbers, a corral trap is your best bet... but the AR and a thermal is more fun.
                      I’d say why not have a little fun while thinning out the population. Let the kids shoot em all

Comment

I’d say why not have a little fun while thinning out the population. Let the kids shoot em all
                        Yep. Have some fun. But ya gotta shootem in the ear hole. LOL

Comment

Hog Wild / Hog Hammers (3 ball bearings)
                          You don't get much range, but they will feel it. I found them on clearance at academy and had to grab them all. Took them coyote hunting to see what they do and a sow popped out at 10yds. Adios piggy

Comment

Don't forget a wireless camera. It's been a game changer at my place. A 223 or 243 will work well.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my ruger ar pistol in 300 blackout suppressed. Great stalking pig gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X