PSA: Skin Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    I will add to this. I’m 43, olive complexion and no family history of skin cancer, rarely burned as a kid. But a year and a half ago while working roofing and constantly in the sun I had a rough scaly patch on my nose that would pop up periodically. My wife insisted I go to the dermatologist to have it checked. Pre-cancerous and a 4 day treatment of topical chemotherapy

[ATTACH]1079598[/ATTACH]
    That stuff is fun...not.
    My face looks like a baboons butt after I use that stuff!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      That stuff is fun...not.
      My face looks like a baboons butt after I use that stuff!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      I would almost rather them cut on me than use the topical chemo. That stuff hurts and takes forever to heal afterwards. It works, but it is 3 weeks of rough times for me.....

Stay on top of it guys and don't be afraid to have a doctor look at the spots.

Comment

Another one. I had a freckle bleed and my wife made me
        Take my first trip to a dermatologist. Freckle was nothing but I ended up with 9 stitches from the removal of a basil cell carcinoma on my back. 100 nitrogen blast later and I go every year.

That woman saved my life in more than one way!

Comment

Last time I posted on this thread was on my B-day in Oct. One month and one week later, I had some more removed from my nose all the way to the skin on inside of the nostril. Surgeon didn't want to close it up because I had already had Mohs done on the cheek right next to my nose. He said the skin would be to tight and I wouldn't be able to breathe from that nostril.

I had it done Nov 23, day before Thanksgiving. It's mostly filled in now. So, no skin graph for now. He said it should fill in some more. I had to change bandaids twice a day and keep it packed with Vaseline petroleum jell till 3 week in Jan 2022. The scale on the bridge of my nose is what I have to have removed next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211124_085121.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24675175

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-04-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I have had some several dark pigmented areas that started popping up and I went in to just had them looked at. All were precancerous and were burnt out. Been back twice and they burnt some more out one more time. I see people I know pretty well with these dark pigmented patches popping up on their face. I will make a comment about mine & what they found and I usually get told to mind my own business. Oh well, I tried to tell them. One buddy has it bad, he just got divorced last year so no wife to push him to make him go and I am worried it is going to get him. He won't listen.

Comment

Dermatologist twice a year for me. Too much sun in my younger days before sun screen was heard of. I have light complexation honky skin & I burnt up as a youngster. He cut the end of my nose off & replaced it with a piece of my ear. Huge chunk out of right shoulder. He now just uses liquid nitrogen with a q-tip to burn spots off.

Comment

About 5-6 years ago i was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. Had it cut out but havent been back since. Wife would always push me to go but been separated since about that time. Guess i should make an appt soon.

Comment

Trying to get an appointment is a problem. I started in early November and finally will see someone in mid February. I went over a year and now a new patient. My wife changed insurance and can’t get in until June.

Comment

I have worn sunscreen and protective clothing for over 30 years religiously and have never sun bathed in my life. Still I have had 4 basil cell and 1 melanoma (5 places) removed over the years. I go to the Dermatologist every 6 months. Unfortunately, if you love to hunt and fish, it will likely be an issue. In addition, to applying and wearing SPF, find and build a relationship with a good Dermatologist. Mine has been a life saver.

Comment

Working...
                    X