Which State Would You Hunt In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stetsonoverton View Post
    are you not hunting that big piece in kent anymore?
    No sir bought my own hf place in Throckmorton co. 1.25 hrs from the house.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      No sir bought my own hf place in Throckmorton co. 1.25 hrs from the house.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
      congrats on the new place. someone just got an awesome lease that you let go.

Comment

Montana or Idaho.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

We live in SE Iowa four miles north of the Iowa/Missouri state line. There is some awesome ground just across the line in Northern Missouri. The deer don't know where the state line is located.[emoji1]

One thing I have learned after living here.....an Iowa tag is kinda like "the forbidden fruit". (a thing that is desired all the more because it is not allowed or hard to get)

Sure....there are residents hunters up here that kill big bucks....some very consistently, but the majority of hunters just want to put some meat in the freezer and it's really no big deal to them.

I know this sounds crazy but a lot of the guys here are infatuated with going to Texas to kill a hog.[emoji1745] A a matter of fact I took a group of guys from Iowa to Texas last March to kill pigs. The grass is always greener somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve hunted in northern Missouri with Tombstone creek outfitters. And saw several deer just none in range. This hunt is basically a semi guided hunt. They give you a farm to yourself. They have a couple stands in place but encourage you to take your own stuff and set up according to the wind. I would go back.

Last year I hunted with Prime outfitters in souther Illinois and will be going back this year in November. The guys that run it are from. Louisiana and you ha r a Cajun cooked style meal every night. They have several thousand acres and run a great operation. Saw the biggest free range 8 of my life last year and he is bigger this year based off of trail cameras. I plan on doing this trip for a couple. Ore years. They already have dozens of sets up and will set you up in one according to wind. If you want to move they will move you.

Both are OTC tags. If you want to next year send me a PM. None of my buddies want to travel

Comment

Working...
            X