No announcement yet.

Golf Cart is ready for the trail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sir. Looks good, not a bad price either compared to a Jake’s. They have one for my club car, it’s pretty tempting. The lift I have on now is pretty rough.

Comment

That is a great build! Great job!!

Comment

Let me know when it's for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
          Let me know when it's for sale!

Haha will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent the better part of the morning looking into Li for mine. I'm just can't see myself dropping another $3k into it. Do you think a drop-in 36v li pack at around $1500 will get me the kind of performance I need? (haul significant weight up and down hills for an hour or two)

Comment

im planning a cool build for one here soon just need to find a donor cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Spent the better part of the morning looking into Li for mine. I'm just can't see myself dropping another $3k into it. Do you think a drop-in 36v li pack at around $1500 will get me the kind of performance I need? (haul significant weight up and down hills for an hour or two)

Do you have a 36V cart currently?

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    yes

So the li swap won’t yield you any more torque on paper, the controller is going to limit the current to the motor as well as the rpms. You’ll be saving on weight which will help some, but a li swap alone wouldn’t give the performance you are searching for in my opinion. Motor and controller upgrades are necessary to achieve hill climbing especially with any kind of weight on/behind the cart.

Comment

thanks, I was afraid of that.

Comment

In my opinion, Tanto's cart and upgrades are the best for performance and he did it right. My poor man upgrade was to convert from 36v to 48v with a new high amp controller; using the original 36v DC motor. Running a 36v motor on 48v, increased from 14mph to 18mph and my seat of the pants torque meter says it's torqueier (made that word up). I still spent close to $1500 on new batteries, high amp controller, 2ga cables and the heavy duty contactor.

Comment

I meant to mention that I am running a lifted 2005 EZGO TXT with series motor. Not a speed demon but works great for slowly creeping along and no heat build up.

Comment

Originally posted by jjake View Post
                            I meant to mention that I am running a lifted 2005 EZGO TXT with series motor. Not a speed demon but works great for slowly creeping along and no heat build up.

I have gone this route as well in the past. Getting the most performance out of a 36V cart… that is the way to go! 48V harness, controller, and beefed a beefed up solenoid will give good results on a stock 36V motor.

(Proceed at your own risk to anyone reading. The 36V motor may burn up over time with the higher voltage, not that it will, but it is a possibility)

Comment

Now thats a clean ride! The wooden bed and the leather seats are on point!

Comment

Working...
                              X