Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Kidney stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god for flowmax and uloric , my 30+ years of working in the sun either on a boat or ranch those stones were a huge problem

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      doesn't a lithotripsy (shock wave breakdown of kidney stones) do some damage to surrounding organs as well? I would think there would be some risks there.
      Lithotripsy doesn’t always work. Some stones won’t break up. This guy in Steamboat was awesome. He used a laser first and then shockwave. Yes you will pee blood for 4-5 days after. He said after the laser he used 30k shockwaves to pulverize it. Had lithotripsy in SA twice and it failed both times. I may go back to Steamboat Springs next time😁. The entire staff were elk hunters. Still can’t believe the guy came in on a Sunday morning just so I could make the hunt.
      Dr. Clay Pendleton is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        doesn't a lithotripsy (shock wave breakdown of kidney stones) do some damage to surrounding organs as well? I would think there would be some risks there.
        I don’t know, but I do know I threw up every time I had to take a leak after I’ve had a lithotripsy

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          When I had mine it was way too large to pass so I had to have the lithotripsy(sp). My procedure was scheduled for 1 week later because they only had one machine in the entire Dallas area. During that week I had another attacked and they admitted me to have a stent put in. My nurse during that ordeal told me she had 3 kids and had 2 kidney stones. She told me the kidney stone pain was worse than birthing babies. So I guess men do have an idea of how much childbirth hurts.
          I had the same procedure and a stent put in. ****** all over the toilet for a week.

Comment

Working...
          X