Is this a copperhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    learned something on this thread I did not want to know.
    Baby cottonmouth looks like a copperhead!
    Baby cottonmouths look like a pixelated copperhead. Both species with have that yellowtail as a juvenile.

Comment

Dang kill them all.

Comment

Alot of people still live under rocks.

Comment

They might be venomous but they're sure cool lookin I think.

Copperheads and Water Moccasins are part of the same family. It's rare but they can breed with one another.

Comment

I usually kill 4-5 copperheads around the house each year. Have only seen one this year. We had some old barns torn down and removed last summer. I think that may have helped

Comment

I'm up to 4 around the house this year. One grown one, about 32-35 inches, one about 18 inches, and 2 that were about a foot long. I released them all into the wild, cause dead snakes around the house stink....

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                Baby cottonmouths look like a pixelated copperhead. Both species with have that yellowtail as a juvenile.
                Perfect description, lol. Going to use that one when informing people.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Copperheads and Water Moccasins are part of the same family. It's rare but they can breed with one another.
                  It's never been documented in the wild, but yes they have been crossed in captivity.

Comment

Not a snake guy! my mind set is kill em all

Comment

Working...
                    X