No announcement yet.

Canceled flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never fly Southwest again. I was told I could use my flight credit whenever as long as I booked it by the date it expired, the flight could take off after. That was on the phone, then I tried 2 weeks ago and it said I had to take off before November 8th. I couldn't buy two tickets and give one away, they wouldn't let me use it as a gift. I was stuck.

My canceled flight was to Vegas because the World Series of Roping was canceled last year. And then a covid outbreak at work.

They can cancel flights on you for covid reasons, but don't care if you cancel for covid. I even asked that they keep $100 and extend it for a month. So I could take off work. They basically told me the person on the phone was wrong and they are sorry I didn't read the small print.

Comment

it's a fully fledged dumpster fire and there's rumors of pilots with other airlines following suit.

Comment

That is what I'm starting to see surface...that it's more of a direct pilot / employee issue vs ATC. Who knows, nothing concrete yet.

Comment

For those of you stuck and cannot get a rental car. Try to contact UHaul or one of the moving companies you can rent trucks from. You can rent that and get home for relatively cheap, especially cheap considering the cost of one way rentals right now. You just gotta drive a moving van. Seen some other people I know doing this.

Comment

I am in a rental and so far my 1100pst flight not cancelled. I’m watching the situation and hoping I do not have to drive home

Comment

For what is worth FOX is reporting 10% of SWA are cancelled so far today. Supposedly the FAA has said no shortage of ATC since this past Friday… no other airlines having such issues makes it seam like it’s obviously a SWA problem. SWA pilots’ union filed for a postponement of vax mandate….

Comment

Working...
              X