Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mountain Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    Very interesting thread. Please excuse the ignorant questions.

How do you go about trapping a lion? Conibear/snares? Is the intent to trap and release or are these types of traps typically lethal?

Do you have any pictures or info you'd care to share about previously trapped animals? I'm sure most around here would be very interested. Good luck with the remainder of your list.
    We found one in a snare on a ranch while turkey hunting this year. Govt funded trapper. Not long after he caught another on the same place.

Comment

^^ Kinda what i was getting at... Is plan to shoot on sight or is there some sort of tag/release plan in place? Cool if not. Purely curious if someone would be interested in that info.
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-06-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

One of my former bosses son caught one in a foothold on the ranch. The lion had killed a horse. I have a video clip of it.

I’m not a fan of trapping big game animals.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          One of my former bosses son caught one in a foothold on the ranch. The lion had killed a horse. I have a video clip of it.

I’m not a fan of trapping big game animals.
          If I found one that would kill horses I’d bring him home with me and make sure he was well fed.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            If I found one that would kill horses I’d bring him home with me and make sure he was well fed.
            Hmmmm.....not a bad idea.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              ^^ Kinda what i was getting at... Is plan to shoot on sight or is there some sort of tag/release plan in place? Cool if not. Purely curious if someone would be interested in that info.
              Trapper had to report it and keep the head for analysis. Could only assume CWD

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

JimmieP, Texas Parks & Wildlife (whom our game wardens work for) has a biologist that does studies, and tracks info on Texas Lions. And lion sightings. You might reach out to them. They may be able to give you some leads to ranches needing a hand with problem cats.

Comment

We got a problem with them Femorats invading our great stste.Think u might catch a few of them vermin and use for bait.Any help would be greatly appreciated sir.
                  Last edited by tminc; 10-08-2021, 07:50 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

I consider my trapping to be very sporting. To get a lion who ranges over 100's of square miles to step into an area the size of my fist makes it a big game animal and a worthwhile endeavor. To each his own.

Comment

Thanks to those who gave helpful answers. I'll be hunting for a lion in Arizona this next winter. Hopefully I have a great time and can maybe even harvest a lion.
                      If there is actually some interest, I can update my trials and tribulations in going after my final seven species from my original list of thirty-three. I also get one specimen of every species mounted and have some pics I could share. Waiting on my wolf to be finished at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X