This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Actually most of his reads are 15 yards and less. They are trying to do the quick reads to get him into a rythmn, but it’s not working.

They posted the spread of his throwing statistics during the game. I’ll probably misquote the stats, but if I remember correctly prior to the game he had only attempted 8 throws over 20yds and had 2-3 completions. He made one or two more during the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not about the depth. It is about how quickly he gets the ball out on a short drop. I didn't see the short drops in the part of the game I watched.

Comment

Denzel Okafor is out for the season for the Horns.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        ****ty drive back to FW, Snowflake?

Having driven back to Beaumont, Austin, and Houston after various of Stoops's **** pentrations of Mack, I don't have much sympathy for this.
        Bah! That's funny, I remember those "altercations" all too well.

I'm happy with the LH's W over the dreaded horn toads this weekend. It wasn't perfect, but they fought and found a way to win. I liked Sarks aggressiveness on 4th and goal, but I like the idea of grabbing the low hanging fruit and taking a 15 pnt lead late in the game better. Again, all and all very happy and ready to see what we can do this weekend.

You aggies need to keep your chin up. Heck, ya'll got "longhorned" this year. Started the season over-hyped and over-ranked with everyone knowing you had a new qb and Oline to break-in. And now that the inevitable has happened, everyone is overly-disappointed. The Aggies I have lunch with every Friday have been saying it all along. They came up with the "longhorned" terminology. I think the 2 teams have some distinct similarities this year.
        Last edited by Birddog66; 10-04-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Today is Texas A&M's 145th birthday!

On Oct. 4, 1876, we opened our doors and became the FIRST public institution of higher education in Texas! Whoop!
          Moral victory? There are no moral victories in college football!

Comment

Denzel Okafor is out for the season for the Horns.
            What did it end up being?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              What did it end up being?
              They haven't said, but he is having season ending surgery this week.

Okafor is a sixth year senior that originally committed to Charlie Strong, who burned his redshirt as a freshman so he could play on the PAT team, started out of position at right tackle in 2017, then took a redshirt in 2018 and sat for two years to get this opportunity. He was very good in run blocking and poor in pass blocking this year.

Good luck to the young man in his next endeavour.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                Today is Texas A&M's 145th birthday!

On Oct. 4, 1876, we opened our doors and became the FIRST public institution of higher education in Texas! Whoop!

Y’all’s last championship was closer to the beginning than the present… [emoji43]*[emoji94]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jase McClellan - Alabama RD (played for Aledo) is out for the season. Alabama probably has three more 5-stars as back up

I watched McClellan run as a freshman when the Aledo All-stars played in the state championship game vs Corpus Christi - Calallen. He was spectacular against a stingy Calallen defense.

Hope he recovers, I'd like to watch him run in the NFL, hopefully for a team i don't hate.

Aggies suck.

O-line and QB play suck

The defense couldn't stop the Pirate from snapping the ball 76 time at 6.76 yards a piece. Only 30 yards rushing, but MSSST didn't need to run the ball with the accurate 5-7 yard passes not being defended.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                    Jase McClellan - Alabama RD (played for Aledo) is out for the season. Alabama probably has three more 5-stars as back up

I watched McClellan run as a freshman when the Aledo All-stars played in the state championship game vs Corpus Christi - Calallen. He was spectacular against a stingy Calallen defense.

Hope he recovers, I'd like to watch him run in the NFL, hopefully for a team i don't hate.

Aggies suck.

O-line and QB play suck

The defense couldn't stop the Pirate from snapping the ball 76 time at 6.76 yards a piece. Only 30 yards rushing, but MSSST didn't need to run the ball with the accurate 5-7 yard passes not being defended.
                    This part killed me. Not even trying to defend against it the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      This part killed me. Not even trying to defend against it the entire game.
                      And Elko defended it in the presser as being “something they should have done better”. No ****?

Comment

The Aggie defense only gave up 24 points. They don't have the corners to run man-free against the Pirate. The offense was the problem.

Comment

They haven't said, but he is having season ending surgery this week.

Okafor is a sixth year senior that originally committed to Charlie Strong, who burned his redshirt as a freshman so he could play on the PAT team, started out of position at right tackle in 2017, then took a redshirt in 2018 and sat for two years to get this opportunity. He was very good in run blocking and poor in pass blocking this year.

Good luck to the young man in his next endeavour.
                          Hate to see this for anyone!

Comment

Casey Thompson is going to have to play his best game as a Horn in the Cotton Bowl this weekend. If he plays like he did against TCU, the Sooners will win.

Patterson didn't load the box to stop Bijan until late because he didn't want to put that pressure on his secondary. Alex Grinch will load the box to stop the run game and put the pressure on his secondary.

Thompson is going to have to be able to hit the deep ball to punish heavy boxes against OU.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Hate to see this for anyone!
                              Agree! What is the word on QJ?

Comment

Casey Thompson is going to have to play his best game as a Horn in the Cotton Bowl this weekend. If he plays like he did against TCU, the Sooners will win.

Patterson didn't load the box to stop Bijan until late because he didn't want to put that pressure on his secondary. Alex Grinch will load the box to stop the run game and put the pressure on his secondary.

Thompson is going to have to be able to hit the deep ball to punish heavy boxes against OU.
                                I agree. Grinch is going to run blitz like crazy and make Casey Thompson and the Texas WR's make plays to beat them. Creating negative plays is huge in this game and I see OU going all out on defense and betting Texas does not have the dudes to make plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X