No announcement yet.

Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know every carrier and phone is different. I have AT&T and a Samsung S10+. About a year ago I got an update and then dropped calls and terrible downloads followed. I was about to go get another phone because my wife's was working fine. Then I was messing around in the settings and ran across two settings I thought were suspect. The first is under Privacy. It is called Send Diagnostic Data. It was flipped to ON so I turned it off. The other was Usage and Diagnostics. It was also ON so I turned it off as well. NO more dropped calls and my data is fine.
    Since doing this I have had a few forced updates. Each time these settings get turned back on. I have to go and manually turn them off. Helped me out tremendously. Saved me from buying a new $1000 phone and I have a great connection. Hope this helps someone out. Bad phone service sucks, especially with how much we all pay these days.

Comment

It’s better today, but it also seems I’m on LTE all the time. I’m in the middle of Dallas and have had no issues until I switched from 11 to 13, which means I also switched to 5G. Data, text and calls are all affected. Better this afternoon

Comment

Iphone 7 here. 5g not an option with this phone. I am 2 software updates behind too. My son has a new phone that is burning through data somehow even while connected to wifi. Like 1 gig per day. Currently trying to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          i have android and i have been noticing horrible coverage for about 6 months now, maybe longer, and i am talking right in the middle of rockwall.
          Right there with you my man......I'm just off 276 and 549 and can't use the phone around my house (inside or out) unless I'm on Wi-FI and even then, it's sketchy. And I'm using a 4G device, not 5 G. Att is worse though.

Comment

Originally posted by mark1j View Post
            Iphone 7 here. 5g not an option with this phone. I am 2 software updates behind too. My son has a new phone that is burning through data somehow even while connected to wifi. Like 1 gig per day. Currently trying to figure that out.
            P**n............

Comment

Working...
            X