Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Gehlken @GehlkenNFL
    Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on La’el Collins’ punch and ejection in defense of Dak Prescott: “LC did exactly what you’re supposed to do there.”

I like this mentality.... Red J would have given some PC soft assed answer

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Michael Gehlken @GehlkenNFL
      Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on La’el Collins’ punch and ejection in defense of Dak Prescott: “LC did exactly what you’re supposed to do there.”

I like this mentality.... Red J would have given some PC soft assed answer

Now see I was havin a pretty good day, and you had to go mention that mf…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I’ve never seen an offense look so dominant in consecutive games early, and so disjointed later on. Dak has not been good since coming back from the calf thing, he’s got to sort himself out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I coached the qubes as I called them a few years. Of course at a way way way lower level.
        Three things stick out to me.
        1. His feet don't beat the throw. Meaning his feet have to be quicker at the target than the throw. If not the throw will be off target.
        2. He holds the ball 1 count to long. Throw to them to come open. Not throw to them when their open because they will get covered when the ball arrives.
        3. He never wants to throw into tight windows. This comes with #2 and #3.

They have not thrown many 9 routes in the last few games. This eliminates the quick strike or PI which they call A LOT! Another big play!
        IMO he has no TE to throw to 6-8 times a game. The TE is useless blocking and getting open.

At the end of the day they are just like me and you. We all make mistakes at work.
        Dak is top 10 in the league. I would hate to have Washington's #4!!!!!

There are no "Buts" in a W.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          I coached the qubes as I called them a few years. Of course at a way way way lower level.
          Three things stick out to me.
          1. His feet don't beat the throw. Meaning his feet have to be quicker at the target than the throw. If not the throw will be off target.
          2. He holds the ball 1 count to long. Throw to them to come open. Not throw to them when their open because they will get covered when the ball arrives.
          3. He never wants to throw into tight windows. This comes with #2 and #3.

They have not thrown many 9 routes in the last few games. This eliminates the quick strike or PI which they call A LOT! Another big play!
          IMO he has no TE to throw to 6-8 times a game. The TE is useless blocking and getting open.

At the end of the day they are just like me and you. We all make mistakes at work.
          Dak is top 10 in the league. I would hate to have Washington's #4!!!!!

There are no "Buts" in a W.
          No coaching experience for me but a lot of Daks issues seem be in his head. For one his confidence is lacking. He can’t seem to throw crossing routes cause I believe he aims the ball versus just ripping/letting it fly. First INT was an awful throw. Second INT looked like he didn’t see the defender.

He looked baffled coming of the field after the second INT. It almost seems like the game is getting to fast for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            He looked baffled coming of the field after the second INT. It almost seems like the game is getting to fast for him.

Comment

I'll give ya that! He did look a wee bit confused lol. Once again go back and look at that play. He pump faked instead of throwing on time. Result defensive closure and INT!
              Those sorry bastages on defense put in a lot of time in too. Chalk one up for the Darkside!
              Our darkside had a great day.

My edit is. He can't take off and make some crazy arse runs like he did. That's a problem in today's NFL.
              Last edited by Abcdj; 12-12-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                No coaching experience for me but a lot of Daks issues seem be in his head. For one his confidence is lacking. He can’t seem to throw crossing routes cause I believe he aims the ball versus just ripping/letting it fly. First INT was an awful throw. Second INT looked like he didn’t see the defender.

Baffled? How about shell-shocked?

Comment

It is about time to quit bitching about the overpaid running back and really start worrying about the overpaid QB, wth 150M guaranteed, not getting out of that deal anytime soon. A strained calf does not make you throw dumb arse passes, maybe he has a strained brain. The D is becoming really good, if they do anything at all in the playoffs it will be because of the D. Tired of hearing that noise that Dak needs a running game, before he needed receivers, he has 3 of the best now, what has that done for him ? There have been plenty of QB's who did not have great running games and they did just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    It is about time to quit bitching about the overpaid running back and really start worrying about the overpaid QB, wth 150M guaranteed, not getting out of that deal anytime soon.

Oh no it's not, but I can see how you feel that way!

I've said it 100 times, and it's still true, "If you get a top ~10-12 QB, you HAVE to pay him". There are 10-12 of those guys in the world, you can get a new running back every Tuesday. Every other GM in the league knows this. I'm confident Dak will figure it out, he's a smart guy and a hard worker, unlike....well you know.

Paying a rb like that is like having a $10k monthly home budget, and spending $3k on a lawn mower while you pay someone to cut the grass. It affects everything else.

Comment

Won 2 games vs teams with winning records. 13 games in.

Concern is present

Comment

I've said it 100 times, and it's still true, "If you get a top ~10-12 QB, you HAVE to pay him". There are 10-12 of those guys in the world, you can get a new running back every Tuesday. Every other GM in the league knows this. I'm confident Dak will figure it out, he's a smart guy and a hard worker, unlike....well you know.

Paying a rb like that is like having a $10k monthly home budget, and spending $3k on a lawn mower while you pay someone to cut the grass. It affects everything else.
                        Get over it Dale, not everyone feels the same way as you do about Zeke or running backs for that matter. An extra 8M a year to an NFL team is popcorn, besides that he is also protecting that 150M over paid QB's ***. And as far as Greggory goes, he is a stud, they gave a up a 2nd round pick for him, whooppeee doo, there have been many 1 and 2 round picks that could not carry his jock strap. he has not cost a lot of money either, now he is about to cost them some.

Comment

Agree in part. I'd rather spend big money(not RB money but) on dang good offensive and defensive linemen. Sure it'd be nice to have a home run hitter that can turn a 4 yard gain into a TD, but he's got to get that 4 yard gain first.

Dak may come around, but lately he's not been worth $140mil, not even half that. Doesn't look like he can even run anymore, at least not like he used to. Let's hope he discovers so mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            Get over it Dale, not everyone feels the same way as you do about Zeke or running backs for that matter. An extra 8M a year to an NFL team is popcorn, besides that he is also protecting that 150M over paid QB's ***. And as far as Greggory goes, he is a stud, they gave a up a 2nd round pick for him, whooppeee doo, there have been many 1 and 2 round picks that could not carry his jock strap. he has not cost a lot of money either, now he is about to cost them some.
                            1. The GMs for every SUCCESFUL NFL team in the NFL agree with me. That's why this team has been an abject failure for 1/4 century, because the GM is a marketing guru, and gambler.

2. Gregory is a stud. A stud that has played 45 games in 7 1/2 seasons, that is a wasted 2nd round pick. Also why they Cowboys have been failures for TWENTY FIVE YEARS! 2nd round picks need to start and contribute for the entirety of their rookie deals, not miss 3 seasons out of 7. He's about to get payed too....which means less money to fix the secondary and linebacker situation.

LVE sucks, Jaylon Smith can't get a job, and the new generational talent LB has to rush the passer because they whiffed on Taco Charleton! What's another 8-12 mil and a 2nd round pick? And don't look now, but the entire O-Line is either old, or they suck too.

8-12 Million here, a 2nd round pick there.....that's why the Cowboys are ALWAYS behind the curve with the cap, and with depth. ALWAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              Agree in part. I'd rather spend big money(not RB money but) on dang good offensive and defensive linemen. Sure it'd be nice to have a home run hitter that can turn a 4 yard gain into a TD, but he's got to get that 4 yard gain first.

Dak may come around, but lately he's not been worth $140mil, not even half that. Doesn't look like he can even run anymore, at least not like he used to. Let's hope he discovers so mojo.
                              Jerry turned Dak's contract into a $140mil deal, when he could have done it a year and a half earlier for $110... Even still, top 15 qbs get payed, you can't afford not to pay them when one comes along, there just aren't enough of them. I've been waiting for 3 or 4 years for someone to tell me how they'd improve on what Dak was at that time, and havn't gotten a legit answer yet. I think someone mentioned Andy Dalton.

Comment

Jerry turned Dak's contract into a $140mil deal, when he could have done it a year and a half earlier for $110... Even still, top 15 qbs get payed, you can't afford not to pay them when one comes along, there just aren't enough of them. I've been waiting for 3 or 4 years for someone to tell me how they'd improve on what Dak was at that time, and havn't gotten a legit answer yet. I think someone mentioned Andy Dalton.
                                I know teams are in a juxtaposition with QBs. Really good ones only come along so often.
                                You can't depend on it every week, but Dak did didly squat this past weekend. With that defensive performance, Andy Dalton would've won. Not suggesting they go trade or anything, but it is what it is. As stated before, maybe he'll get back on his game. He's capable of it, it has been shown. But it's also been demonstrated, rather recently, that he can stink up the place. You pays yo money and takes your chances!

Comment

Working...
                                X