No announcement yet.

After COVID-19 smell and tastes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I telll people that my sense of taste and smell have been gone since early February some have said "Well that's not so bad at least you don't have any worse complications"

Not so bad.....That is 2 of my 5 senses gone !!! I really do not enjoy eating anymore. My wife asks what I want for dinner. I tell her I don't care. I can't taste it anyway. As long as I know it something I like I am good with it, but there is no enjoying it. If this virus took two different senses..... your eyesight and hearing everone would be freaking out and people would not be saying.... that's not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      When I telll people that my sense of taste and smell have been gone since early February some have said "Well that's not so bad at least you don't have any worse complications"

Not so bad.....That is 2 of my 5 senses gone !!! I really do not enjoy eating anymore. My wife asks what I want for dinner. I tell her I don't care. I can't taste it anyway. As long as I know it something I like I am good with it, but there is no enjoying it. If this virus took two different senses..... your eyesight and hearing everone would be freaking out and people would not be saying.... that's not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      It took almost 8 months to get it back! But, I did lose 40 lbs and am more healthy now than pre-covid.

Comment

I had it last January, lost taste & smell. It came back but coffee smells terrible, some chocolates, some fruits, and wine isn’t the same. I give my deodorant a sniff every morning to see if anything has changed because deodorant smells bad too.

The only positive to loosing all taste and smell was my buddy and I both shot does during the extended season and his was a bit of a gut shot and when we were cleaning/processing them he would gag a little and I couldn’t smell a thing.. but I would rather gag a little then go through this crap.
        It sucks!

Comment

I have some weird stuff going on with my sense of smell as well. Had the bat flu last December and lost all smell and taste for awhile. It came back and my sense of taste seems pretty solid but smell is odd.

I can smell most things just fine but many things that are really strong smelling all smell the same and it is a really weird and unpleasant smell. I kept smelling that smell on a stretch of road day after day for several days and I couldn't tell what it was. My wife was with me one day and I asked her what that smell was. She looked at me like I lost my mind. She said, it's a skunk, you can't smell that? I get that exact same smell from coffee, a nasty stinky garbage can, the fish gut buckets at the marina on a hot summer day and stuff like that. If it is a strong and unpleasant smell it comes across to me as that same weird smell. It's kinda like burned cooking oil but a little metallic. I don't know. It's a smell I never smelled before so it is hard to describe. And it seems to kinda come and go. It got way more pronounced for awhile there and now it has backed off some.

I also have noticed there are some things I do not smell at all. Like poop of all sorts, farts and fish smell from handling fish. I can't smell any of that stuff at all. Like I am blowing my family up in the truck thinking dang, my farts don't stink at all and my wife is turning green and about to pass out while letting me know for sure that my s...tuff does in fact still stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            I have some weird stuff going on with my sense of smell as well. Had the bat flu last December and lost all smell and taste for awhile. It came back and my sense of taste seems pretty solid but smell is odd.

I can smell most things just fine but many things that are really strong smelling all smell the same and it is a really weird and unpleasant smell. I kept smelling that smell on a stretch of road day after day for several days and I couldn't tell what it was. My wife was with me one day and I asked her what that smell was. She looked at me like I lost my mind. She said, it's a skunk, you can't smell that? I get that exact same smell from coffee, a nasty stinky garbage can, the fish gut buckets at the marina on a hot summer day and stuff like that. If it is a strong and unpleasant smell it comes across to me as that same weird smell. It's kinda like burned cooking oil but a little metallic. I don't know. It's a smell I never smelled before so it is hard to describe. And it seems to kinda come and go. It got way more pronounced for awhile there and now it has backed off some.

I also have noticed there are some things I do not smell at all. Like poop of all sorts, farts and fish smell from handling fish. I can't smell any of that stuff at all. Like I am blowing my family up in the truck thinking dang, my farts don't stink at all and my wife is turning green and about to pass out while letting me know for sure that my s...tuff does in fact still stink.
            Lol I'm there with ya. I'm trying to figure out what I'm smelling. I told my Dr that popcorn, bacon and dog si.. all smells the same

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

After COVID-19 smell and tastes

My problem isn’t my sense of smell, though that is definitely not normal. My issue is daily pressure headaches. I’m at 12 days straight with a moderate to severe pressure headache, and I was supposedly “over” CoVid several days before they started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coffee’s flavor is greatly diminished. So is tomato sauce for pasta. It bums me out because my wife’s recipe is spot on. Made it with venison today and it tastes rather bland.

Thanks China you bastages!

Comment

For many months afters, everything, I mean everything, for me and my wife smelled like farts. Almost propane-gassy sulfur. My farts smelled like her farts, smelled like the dogs farts, etc.

Now, the only weird fart smell I get now is coffee, gasoline, and alcohol.

My wife is just starting to get her smell back and we tested positive Dec 16th of 2020.

Comment

Got covid the last week of July. Just guessing but it seems like I've regained about 10-15% of my smell and 30-40% of taste.

Comment

I found a symptom called parosmia that says it may be caused from COVID-19 and described a lot of the same smells

Comment

Caught it in May 2020. Taste and smell never really fully recovered. Used to love watermelon, now it always tastes rotten.

Thank you China! Thank you politicians who are on the China payroll.

Comment

Has anyone actually tried smell training or any other options?

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
                            Has anyone actually tried smell training or any other options?

I've tried a few different things. Man how I would love to smell a cup of coffee or a fart I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I've tried a few different things. Man how I would love to smell a cup of coffee or a fart I don't care

[emoji23]

Comment

It’s been 9 month and my dad still can’t sell or taste anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X