Baseball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Isn't it like $150 per card for them to grade?

Ballpark yes unless you know a large house that does it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
      Any idea of value
      Nothing. You need big name guys and rookies. Baseball from the 80/90 isn’t worth anything unless you had something special

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
        Ballpark yes unless you know a large house that does it for you.
        I'll have to look at my Bird, Erving, Johnson rookie. If it looks good is it worth getting graded?

Last I tried to sell no one would even give me $300 for it. Are those prices on E-bay real for $5-6k And the auction in the link a few posts up for over 500k? That just doesn't seem right.

Comment

Anyone got a 1911 American Tobacco Company T206 Honus Wagner card? I’ll trade you my truck and guns for it

Comment

Late 80s and 90s cards were over produced. There are only a handfull worth good money.
            1990 Topps Frank Thomas with No Name
            1991 Topps Steve Avery Desert Shield
            1990 Topps George Bush

I have started investing in graded 9/10 mint cards. These will be long term investments like stocks.
            Attached Files

Comment

I remember during my high school days the holy grail was the Nolan Ryan with the bleeding mouth. Think it was upper deck who released it. I must have bought a hundred packs to find that one. I found that SOB eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I remember during my high school days the holy grail was the Nolan Ryan with the bleeding mouth. Think it was upper deck who released it. I must have bought a hundred packs to find that one. I found that SOB eventually.
                Wasn't that the Pacific packs?
                I have that full set!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I'll have to look at my Bird, Erving, Johnson rookie. If it looks good is it worth getting graded?

Last I tried to sell no one would even give me $300 for it. Are those prices on E-bay real for $5-6k And the auction in the link a few posts up for over 500k? That just doesn't seem right.
                  I have that same card. Mine is not graded either. It could be worth grading if it turns out to be 8-10. Of course, you won't know until it's graded. LOL

Obviously, it's worth what someone will pay for it. Sometimes, it takes a life event (retirement, HOF, death) for the player to spark interest in buyers.

Comment

Best thing is to talk with your local card shop. The one here in Bastrop is good. They will advise on if it's worth getting graded or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                      Best thing is to talk with your local card shop. The one here in Bastrop is good. They will advise on if it's worth getting graded or not.
                      Interesting. I didn't know there was one in Bastrop. I will have to pay them a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
                        Interesting. I didn't know there was one in Bastrop. I will have to pay them a visit.
                        It's new. Force of Will on Mainstreet. You have to entwr the Democrat door unless you park behind and come in that way.

Comment

What’s the price of a good shape Nolan Ryan rookie card going for

No bent edges or wrinkles.
                          Minimal offset 1mm

Comment

Wasn't that the Pacific packs?
                            I have that full set!
                            Holy Moly you are correct and going for $249 on ebay!

Time to climb in the attic when I get home
                            Attached Files

Comment

Late 80s and 90s cards were over produced. There are only a handfull worth good money.
                              1990 Topps Frank Thomas with No Name
                              1991 Topps Steve Avery Desert Shield
                              1990 Topps George Bush

I have started investing in graded 9/10 mint cards. These will be long term investments like stocks.
                              What is this card worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Holy Moly you are correct and going for $249 on ebay!

Time to climb in the attic when I get home

The entire sealed set is up on eBay for $7.50. You can set your asking price to anything you want on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                                X