Selling a home and pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
    A lot has to do with the appraisal, doesn't it? If the house appraises for a $350K, a lender won't give you more than the true worth, will they?
    If you put down 25% most won’t require an appraisal.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      If this was what I saw it would make sense.

Better question - In this climate what harm could it do to ask for more? If average home in subdivision is selling for 320 with 2 selling over 350k would it hurt to ask 349k?

I'm not in a hurry to sell. If there's no downside why wouldn't I? I can always lower the price. Does doing this make for more work for the agent or just cost them a little time?

Can't go too much over appraiser unless deep pockets. The buyer has to come up with the down but then has to come up with 100% of the over appraisal value in most case.

If the sale is $100k over appraisal buyer will need that plus typical 20% down.

How it was for me anyways...

Comment

Some are good at poker and some aren't.

Comment

We listed our house in May for about 60 over what I thought it was worth. We sold it all cash for 30k over asking price three days later. We went with a realtor just for the reason above. She listed the house at what she thought would gain interest. We had over 15 showings in three days.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            If you put down 25% most won’t require an appraisal.
            Who has $87.5k lying around these days?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone interested in Mills county land for 10k per acer? That's how bad it has become.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

Zillow has real deep pockets and they are paying cash over asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                  Zillow has real deep pockets and they are paying cash over asking price.
                  LoL, just like OpenDoor I guess. Both suck. Dealt with both....

Comment

It's very easy to over price a house and pretty tough to under price one these days (and has been for some time). If underpriced the market will bring you back up to market value in a very short time.

Comment

The bad part of all this crazy pricing is that TEXAS is getting a whole bunch of libtards in the process. Where they are moving from, these prices seem like a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

More than you would think. I was talking to a new employee at one of my customers. He bought a house when he got married. Ten years later he just sold it. He used basically all of the equity to put a down payment on a new house and he’s starting all over again. That’s how he came up with 20% down plus $65k that was needed to make up the difference in appraised value.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                          More than you would think. I was talking to a new employee at one of my customers. He bought a house when he got married. Ten years later he just sold it. He used basically all of the equity to put a down payment on a new house and he’s starting all over again. That’s how he came up with 20% down plus $65k that was needed to make up the difference in appraised value.
                          Oh, I actually know. I think between my wife and I, we've closed about 30 houses this year.

Comment

But, right now I need to focus on these dang coons, and Pigs.

Oh, and it just started raining at the lease.

Comment

LoL, just like OpenDoor I guess. Both suck. Dealt with both....

I personally like Zillow… crazy easy process to sell to them. When they made the offer on our house I thought I heard the lady wrong. My wife looked at me when I muted the phone and said they can have it for that price. Took the words out of my mouth.

They offered, and ultimately bought, at significantly more than I have seen any comps sell for. Less than 2% in fees so much less than a traditional 4-6% to a realtor. Gave us a 80 something day close to get past our two year mark to qualify for no cap gains tax on the profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Realtors are definitely a help, not knocking them, but selling a house on your own is a very simple process. Pay a realtor a small fee to run a CMA for you and base your price off of it. As DFWPI posted, there are lots of variables to take into account, but if you do your homework you can come out good.

Comment

Working...
                                X