Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Mexico Elk 2021 - W/ Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats again Mitch. Truly awesome hunt.

I'm so busy these next few days will fly till I'm in NM chasing the bulls. This year has been a series of milestones that I'll look back on fondly for years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210928-172103_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	24662647

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
      Wow!!!! Super nice Bull.
      Well done…That was a great video. I really enjoyed it. Big congrats to you on a great bow kill.

Which broadhead did you use?
      Just saw the question. I had planned on using the Qad exodus. My bow was shooting bullet holes in paper so was not worried to much about the switch from field points to fixed heads. I always shoot when I get there since it is a way different altitude etc. Well the fixed head hit 6 or so inches to the right @20 yards 3 times in a row. 3 diif arrows with 3 dif broadheads. So instead of messing with the site and siting in for these broadheads for this elk hunt, I just through a Non Collar Rage trypan and it flew perfect. That is my whitetail setup. Mind you my arrows spin perfect and arrow flight is perfect. I shot the other broadhead at 50 to see how far right it was and i aimed at elks front left shoulder and it hit the elk target in the back hip. Elk target was Head on left and rump on right.

Comment

Awesome Stuff! Watching him come that far must have been a rush

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Nice bull, and great job on the video, Mitch! I'm sure that was exciting! Congrats!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats, nothing like getting that monkey off your back with a nice bull at that.

Comment

Awesome video, great shot and great bull. I have a couple questions. After coming in and not finding any cows, why do you think he came on in? Your blinds are awesome, but to my eyes in the pictures they stand out like a sore thumb. Why do you think they work so well without camo or brushing in? Once again thanks for sharing this adventure with us.

Comment

Elk/deer get used to anything. Those stands have been on that water since mid August. So they had over a month to get acclimated to those blinds. That elk was most probably coming to the water anyways. He drank for almost 5 straight minutes. By Mitch calling, it probably just got him out of his bed earlier then it might of otherwise. (I was on this hunt, so I got to see and even hunt out of this stand).

Comment

Nice congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      Elk/deer get used to anything. Those stands have been on that water since mid August. So they had over a month to get acclimated to those blinds. That elk was most probably coming to the water anyways. He drank for almost 5 straight minutes. By Mitch calling, it probably just got him out of his bed earlier then it might of otherwise. (I was on this hunt, so I got to see and even hunt out of this stand).
                      That is what I figured, just wanted to confirm. I have only elk hunted one time. It was a do it your self hunt on government land in New Mexico. The few elk we saw were pretty far off and really spooky.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          Just saw the question. I had planned on using the Qad exodus. My bow was shooting bullet holes in paper so was not worried to much about the switch from field points to fixed heads. I always shoot when I get there since it is a way different altitude etc. Well the fixed head hit 6 or so inches to the right @20 yards 3 times in a row. 3 diif arrows with 3 dif broadheads. So instead of messing with the site and siting in for these broadheads for this elk hunt, I just through a Non Collar Rage trypan and it flew perfect. That is my whitetail setup. Mind you my arrows spin perfect and arrow flight is perfect. I shot the other broadhead at 50 to see how far right it was and i aimed at elks front left shoulder and it hit the elk target in the back hip. Elk target was Head on left and rump on right.
                          Thanks. That Rage Trypan tore him up.

I like hearing the details on which broadhead gets used on different animals and such.

Congrats again. I really enjoyed it. That sure looked like a super cool hunt!!!!

Comment

Love the story and the bull ain’t bad either

Comment

I loved the entire post. Thank you sir for sharing all of that.

Great bull

Comment

Working...
                              X