Help!! Stuck go cart axle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    The keyway doesn't keep the wheel on. It keeps the wheel from turning on the axle, but it creates more surface area to rust in place.
    [emoji1303]

Comment

The keyway doesn't keep the wheel on. It keeps the wheel from turning on the axle, but it creates more surface area to rust in place.

The key way doesn’t keep the wheel from turning on the axle, the key does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's call it what it is. "Woodruff key"

Comment

There is a key in there. The other side came right off. At this his point I don’t think I need to remove the axle. I’m just not wanting to admit defeat. [emoji41]

Comment

Pray and it will come to you. Works for me every time.

Comment

I had that same problem a few years ago and ended up putting it out of the way for 3 years. A month and a half ago i tried it again. Lots of oil and still would not budge. Even used a chain, bottle jack and 4x4 and still no dice. Then one day after work i said one more try and this thing is going to be given away. Walked over to it and slapped it with a 2 lb sledge and it almost fell right off

Comment

Immerse it in a bucket of diesel for about 2 days.

Comment

Just talked to the neighbor dude who manages a local tire shop. No need to remove the rim from the axle. He’s gonna take everything into the shop tomorrow and do the swap. My pride is only slightly harmed. Nothing a beer and and a football game on the back porch can’t fix. We will be back to terrorizing the neighborhood on four wheels soon.

Comment

Even a woodruff key?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Just talked to the neighbor dude who manages a local tire shop. No need to remove the rim from the axle. He’s gonna take everything into the shop tomorrow and do the swap. My pride is only slightly harmed. Nothing a beer and and a football game on the back porch can’t fix. We will be back to terrorizing the neighborhood on four wheels soon.
                      That's good news.

You might could put the tire on yourself. Just need 2 long screw drivers and some soapy water.

If you want to try it yourself PM me and I can walk you through it.

Comment

Give Ivermectin a try.

Comment

How do you know it’s a woodruff key ?? It might be a straight key.
                          Leave the dang thing on and mount the tire as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                            Give Ivermectin a try.
                            It has to the apple
                            Flavored

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              Give Ivermectin a try.

Can I cut it into uppers, downers, goofballs, speed goats?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                                How do you know it’s a woodruff key ?? It might be a straight key.
                                Leave the dang thing on and mount the tire as is.

We’re there brother. I’m officially renaming it the PITA key.
                                Last edited by Stoof; 09-26-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X