No announcement yet.

Federal game wardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Runs way up the laguna madre and padre island in pieces and we see the federal GW a lot , sometimes with a state warden, he is usually looking for poachers hunting nilgai and deer, ducks in restricted land

Lots of people don’t know the boundaries
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-24-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

I have had a Fed Warden check us in the duck blind multiple times.

Comment

The below is from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. Federal Game Wardens aren't specifically mentioned, but they do have some concurrent jurisdiction on many state laws.

Qualifying Federal Departments

The Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, § 2.122, recognizes specific criminal investigators of the United States as having authority to enforce selected state laws by virtue of their authority. Prior training will be evaluated and approved by the Commission to insure it meets current training requirements.

(1) Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;

(2) Special Agents of the Secret Service;

(3) Special Agents of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement;

(4) Special Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives;

(5) Special Agents of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration;

(6) Inspectors of the United States Postal Inspection Service;

(7) Special Agents of the Criminal Investigation Division of the Internal Revenue Service;

(8) Civilian Special Agents of the United States Naval Criminal Investigative Service;

(9) Marshals and Deputy Marshals of the United States Marshals Service;

(10) Special Agents of the United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security;

(11) Special Agents of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration;

(12) Special Agents of the Office of Inspector General of the United States Social Security Administration;

(13) Special Agents of the Office of Inspector General of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs;

(14) A person designated as a Special Policeman by the Federal Protective Service of the General Services Administration under 40 U.S.C. Section 318 or 318d;

(15) A Customs and Border Protection Officer or Border Patrol Agent of the United States Customs and Border Protection or an immigration enforcement agent, or deportation officer of the Department of Homeland Security;

(16) A commissioned law enforcement officer of the National Parks Service;

(17) A Special Agent or Law Enforcement Officer of the United States Forest Service; and

(18) Security personnel working at a commercial nuclear power plant, including contract security personnel, trained and qualified under a security plan approved by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            That would be at the lease I share with WCB and FireNGuns. The neighbor has since added another feeder and put up small signs that say Caution. Wildlife Feeding Area.

My brother suggested we put up signs that say "Caution. Wildlife Killing Area."
            IMO adding the feeder with the 'history' of hunter harassment suggests you may have some muscle on your side, but it's just my belief simply based on common sense & deviant reasons to set up feeders...trust me, my guy is way pro hunting & if there is way to get your guy to fold, he will be all in & be able to get the Fed GW in your area to jump on board.

It just really irks me the guy thinks he has the goods on you...if I can turn the tables, I'll consider it a personal victory. I'll have something for you in the next several days amigo be it good / bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              IMO adding the feeder with the 'history' of hunter harassment suggests you may have some muscle on your side, but it's just my belief simply based on common sense & deviant reasons to set up feeders...trust me, my guy is way pro hunting & if there is way to get your guy to fold, he will be all in & be able to get the Fed GW in your area to jump on board.

It just really irks me the guy thinks he has the goods on you...if I can turn the tables, I'll consider it a personal victory. I'll have something for you in the next several days amigo be it good / bad.
              I think we're in good shape. We've spoken to the GW for our area and he has made his captain aware of the situation. Another friend is a USFS Law Enforcement Officer, (used to be US Fish and Wildlife Service Officer), and he has made the USFWS agents in N. Texas aware of the tactics of our "friendly neighbor". We've been told by all of the above to go duck hunting.

Comment

Hunted Nanny Stringfellow deer hunts a few times and there was usually a federal and a state warden onsite. There is federal land across the road that they included in the hunts. State laws applied for deer hunts but the federal guys worked their section. Not sure who would actually write a citation if there were an infraction on the federal land, but they coordinated well so no doubt about a ticket if it was "earned".

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  I think we're in good shape. We've spoken to the GW for our area and he has made his captain aware of the situation. Another friend is a USFS Law Enforcement Officer, (used to be US Fish and Wildlife Service Officer), and he has made the USFWS agents in N. Texas aware of the tactics of our "friendly neighbor". We've been told by all of the above to go duck hunting.
                  PM me your county if you wish...these fed gw's are a close bunch & if need be, can get yours involved if for any reason it needs to be escalated. They are actually in the DFW area for some sorta pow-wow right now. Always good to have another arrow in the quiver. Offer is open.

Comment

Ask notyap on here if you want the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      PM me your county if you wish...these fed gw's are a close bunch & if need be, can get yours involved if for any reason it needs to be escalated. They are actually in the DFW area for some sorta pow-wow right now. Always good to have another arrow in the quiver. Offer is open.
                      Wise County just NW of Ft. Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Runs way up the laguna madre and padre island in pieces and we see the federal GW a lot , sometimes with a state warden, he is usually looking for poachers hunting nilgai and deer, ducks in restricted land

Lots of people don’t know the boundaries
                        If you hunt any National Refuge land you're likely to be checked by fed game wardens. We have every time we've been on a refuge draw hunt.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

They seem to have less of a sense of humor than state guys but i worked with Secret Service a few tines and most acted like they should have had man bun haircuts

Comment

My only run in was at Teniente and the guy was a jerk….fined me for having corn in my truck (parked on a state road outside of teniente) and also fined me for my parking pass not being visible -it blew off my dash and was in my seat. They also ruined my evening hunt…he said I should be grateful he didn’t fine me for having alcohol on the NWR. I had 2 hot beers in the bed of my pick up. The bag of corn was unopened and not a kernel was found after inspecting where I was hunting and my truck. It was an old bag I was taking to my lease after the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Weve talked to a few crossing back from mexico with horns/capes. Have to fill out federal wildlife import paperwork.
                              Nice folks as far as the ones Ive dealt with.

Comment

They work in Texas also. There were some working around Pearsall last weekend for dove season.

Comment

Working...
                                X