Need serious advice about dieing w/o a will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
    Yes 40k went to the lawyer. When I had the initial consultation I asked if I could do this without a lawyer and he said no. The following is from the Williamson County Court #4 which I dealt with.

Pro Se Policy
    Under Texas law, individuals applying for letters testamentary, letters of administration, determinations of heirship, and guardianships of the person and/or estate must be represented by a licensed attorney. The rule follows from the requirement that only a licensed attorney may represent the interests of third-party individuals or entities. The only time a pro se applicant may proceed in court is when truly representing only himself or herself.
    See, like I said earlier, it's a system designed by lawyers for the benefit of lawyers and judges, who are also bloodsucking lawyers. I just hate them lawyers, they are the cause of a lot of problems in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
      You caught me (even though it’s in my profile). But I self-identify as the non-bloodsucking type.

For what it’s worth, I know some lawyers that I would put in that category. I also know quite a few that are as honest, hard working and fair. As with everything, there are all types. Kind of like TBH members.
      Nah, didn't check your profile, I can just smell them from a long way away.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        You could have just said no and made life easier. SH won't stop even when he's wrong, now we are really going to have to listen to him.
        You just keep being wrong, time after time. I'm used to it.

Comment

Working...
        X