No announcement yet.

I Don't Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst thing you can do is let him know it bothered you......we had a guy that bullied a new guy until he cried...seriously....
    The kid wasnt gonna make it anyway but after he began crying his career was over there....but we did tell the bully to knock it off....

After you qualify, and you are relieving him, show up late and see how fast you matter to him...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Go twist the wrong valve at the wrong time and see how much you matter . .

Our newhires are allergic to OT.
      I can't figure it out, when we were young with a new house and family OT was sought after- no matter how much you had, a little more came in handy.
      Not anymore, treated like a mutt with fleas.
      He makes a good point OP, but I don’t think you need to prove it to them.

Couldn’t agree more on the OT though. I’m in healthcare and when I came out of school ten years ago me and my buddies went at work like some crazed dogs. Now when I hire people they all want to keep their work hours to a minimum and try to figure out what they can live off of. I don’t necessarily have a problem with it but I sure had the opposite approach and got way ahead on life. Guess when I “retire” by 45 they might decide my strategy wasn’t half bad.

OP you’re the only person on this planet that decides what success and happiness means for you. Figure that out and pursue it with all you got; the rest is just noise. While you’re at it if you can be a benefit to your fellow man that’s always fulfilling too.

Comment

Working...
      X