Grand Rapids, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    I agree.....24,000 square feet!!!!!![emoji33]They are slated to run over 600 students thru it once covid restrictions slack up in the spring!!!! Before covid was the 1st year and 309 kids went thru.....it's incredible. [emoji817]
    I am waiting on some pics ......once I get those I will post up my hunt. I can say I thwacked one way beyond what I truly wanted but my wife kept poking me to shoot a super monster.......lol!!![emoji1018][emoji6][emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Good for her!!! It's only money!!! Geaux shoot another one!!!!

Comment

Pretty cool trip, good luck on getting the deer of your dreams!

Ao did you buy this hunt at an SCI fundraiser? Or just got the itch to shoot a mega buck?

Comment

In for the rest of the story. You are truly a blessed man. You have a pretty awesome wife, you should hang onto her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome can’t wait for pics

Comment

A white faced bison?

Looks like you are having a great time

Comment

[ATTACH]1065130[/ATTACH]

Comment

Some pics over 3 days! [emoji95] Saw him on my 1st sit and Denise wanted him thwacked then...[emoji37]..lol. 3 days later she was poking me in the back and whispering "please shoot him!" This deer was my 3rd choice honestly but she was tired of being in the blind I think. A easy 21 yd shot behind the last rib and exited on the opposite side next to the shoulder.....the guide "whooped it up" before I did. DOA in our mind but he was a tough beast. [emoji2962] He did the death wobble twice b4 exiting the field. Laid down just inside the wood line as we watched his head lay over slowly. Woohoo!!!!![emoji106] We had 42 minutes till dark so I hoped for a mainframe with double drops would show up.....and he did......but never in range!!!![emoji856]
                We walked the 100 yds across the field to recover the BEAST, he was gone!!! [emoji2962][emoji33][emoji2962]
                OMG.......we all were shocked and backed out without going more than 10 yds into the woods. We thought we were in the wrong spot actually. Decided to wait until morning, so not to muck things up. Long evening but everyone agreed he was not far after hearing our account of the action and shot placement.
                Morning came and we headed out with a search krewe......but, it was short......super short.......maybe 30 seconds and about 20 yds away he was piled up!!! [emoji457]
                This was a trip I won at SCI Reno two years ago for a management deer in one of the drawings. It turned into alot more than that. It was a break from the gulf coast humidity, a good warm up for my Saskatchewan hunt, a quick vacation, a chance to learn about deer genetics, opportunities to give back to a 501c3 charity, and meet some really fun hunters.[emoji95][emoji898][emoji95]

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  A white faced bison?

Looks like you are having a great time
                  Yessir!!!! From Nebraska per Mr. Arturo.....really kewl looking.[emoji106]

Comment

Not sure what happened to the pics?

Comment

Wow very cool looking buck congrats. What he score?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                        Wow very cool looking buck congrats. What he score?
                        Nothing officially done while there but 35 - 38 points. 28" inside 33" at widest outside points. Estimates are north of 300" inches of bone per the guides there. It will be shipped to my taxi and he will put a tape on it.

Comment

Congrats again!! If that was your third choice I would love to see first and second

Comment

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Great deer and more importantly sounds like you and your wife had a great time and hunt! Super cool when a plan comes together. Looking forward to the rest of your hunts as the year progresses. Thanks for sharing again!!

Comment

Working...
                                X