Missouri Deer Hunting ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    Not at all. Same reason I don’t go to CO on an OTC elk hunt. I’m not driving that far and doing that much work when you have a 10-15% chance of killing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Private land in Missouri is 100 % different than otc Colorado orange army elk hunt. Enjoy the ride and hunting a new place and seeing different country is a blast by itself. You should be very thankful for this opportunity.

Comment

I'd pay for the entire trip just to get an opportunity to hunt with you lmao

Comment

Looking for a mo place.

I will have to spend some time there this fall

I will pick you up on the way…im just south of you.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          I'll go with you and split the gas. Go for sure.
          I win! I'll pay for the gas, and buy the beer. Gotta up the odds man

Comment

Plenty of nice deer in that part of the state. I’m sure the locals are bowhunting it - we always find tree stands at the farm edge in Iowa. Easy in and out for the scoundrels.

Comment

Heck I'm in Powderly in Lamar Co right beside you, if you want someone to split the drive or fund the entire drive PM me. If you can swing me hunting there. Missouri has some great whitetail deer hunting. You would think on a 3000ac farm along a major river we could find a spot or two!

Comment

Major back biden (buttons)

Man, dont go

Give me a freaking break.

Please tell me you are messing with us.

Comment

honest question... if you don't hunt for the enjoyment of hunting why would you even consider it? Is a week's vacation and $1000 in travel expenses worth 100 pounds of meat and some antlers that are useless except for hanging on a wall? Probably not. As you said you could go shoot something tomorrow near home.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                    honest question... if you don't hunt for the enjoyment of hunting why would you even consider it? Is a week's vacation and $1000 in travel expenses worth 100 pounds of meat and some antlers that are useless except for hanging on a wall? Probably not. As you said you could go shoot something tomorrow near home.
                    Much more tactical than my version of this question, lol
                    I've never heard a hunter say, I dont hunt for enjoyment.
                    What is this? 1865? Got a family to feed? Winter coming?

Comment

do it

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                        Much more tactical than my version of this question, lol
                        I've never heard a hunter say, I dont hunt for enjoyment.
                        What is this? 1865? Got a family to feed? Winter coming?

I don’t hunt just to say I’ve been hunting and watch the sun come up. If I’m in the woods I expect to have a high chance of success. Time is the most expensive thing I own. I don’t like to waste it.

It’s not 1865….it’s 2021. We don’t eat much wild game at all…easier to buy a buy a prime ribeye and give the deer away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any deer you see, and you'll see a lot, will be bigger than you can find in Texas. Except for maybe a yearling.
                          I used to hunt in Central Missouri. It was normal to shoot a 200 lb deer.
                          The deer in northern Missouri are generally bigger. Great hunting along the river.
                          Just sit on the edge of the corn field.

Comment

Use to hunt on my great uncles place on Truman Lake, there are some monsters up that way, my cousin killed a 180+ 10 point with a 26 inside spread.

Comment

Just be there November 4th thru November 11th. You will witness some incredible rut action. Some stuff like you have never seen before.

And I would take November 1st thru November 7th or November 7th thru November 15th..... basically Halloween thru November 20th, but the 7th, 8th, and 9th are pretty amazing. The rut up here is so concentrated and it's is something to experience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s good.
                                I’ve said too much
                                I hunt some in-laws farm land along the Missouri River in South Dakota, you’d be hard pressed to ever find any intel on it, but it’s beyond words.
                                Some places are low key and sparsely populated, so they stay as they are. Not everyone wants their name in the record books and the attention that comes with it. Just remember this might be the “good old days” and you can ruin it, or have a good run.
                                Fortune favors the bold.
                                Last edited by Txtourist; 09-20-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X