2021 College Football -Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    What does Texas get out of playing a team like Rice?? Other than a meaningless W?? I realize most if not all teams play at least one cup cake team if not more… I also understand that Rice gets to make a lot of money but what does Texas get??

Playing quality opponents is what’s going to make you better not running up the score on a less talented team. I don’t think Texas is as bad as the game they played last week and they certainly are t a team that goes and wins by 58 either…

Let’s hear it from the experts… and before someone starts calling me names realize I am a horns fan.
    SEC teams play 4 cupcakes 2 of which are FBS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The ACC and Pac-12 went a combined 4-7 against FBS non-conference opponents Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another brutal Saturday for the Pac-12

[emoji777][emoji777] 2 Losses to Mountain West
        [emoji777] Loss to BYU
        [emoji777] 30-0 Loss to Minnesota
        [emoji777] Loss to FCS Northern Arizona

Likely only one ranked team tomorrow (Oregon)

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          SEC teams play 4 cupcakes 2 of which are FBS.

Guess that means Pig had Horns penciled in as one of their cupcakes this year

Comment

2021 College Football -Week 3

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            What does Texas get out of playing a team like Rice?? Other than a meaningless W?? I realize most if not all teams play at least one cup cake team if not more… I also understand that Rice gets to make a lot of money but what does Texas get??

Playing quality opponents is what’s going to make you better not running up the score on a less talented team. I don’t think Texas is as bad as the game they played last week and they certainly are t a team that goes and wins by 58 either…

Let’s hear it from the experts… and before someone starts calling me names realize I am a horns fan.

I suppose UCLA shouldn’t have played Fresno State. Would have saved them the humiliation in a loss.

Mountain West, Conference USA, and AAC is better scheduling of OOC than the programs that schedule the FCS programs.

FCS Northern Arizona beat Pac12 Arizona 21-19 yesterday. Ouch!

Blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while.
            Last edited by Chad C; 09-19-2021, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Guess that means Pig had Horns penciled in as one of their cupcakes this year
              Actually quite the opposite. [emoji6]

Comment

Well, I somehow moved back onto page 1 of Pick 'em after a solid week.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Well, I somehow moved back onto page 1 of Pick 'em after a solid week.

I already forgot to make picks

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    I already forgot to make picks

I don't think I've ever made it thru a full season without not picking at least one week lol

Comment

This weeks observations.
                      Texas looks better with Casey at QB. Haven't beat anyone like that in a long time. Yes it's Rice, but in the past that didn't matter, always pulled off when they got 28 ahead( Oklahoma in the RRR and had to win with a FG.
                      Florida exposed Bama but the bad news is Nick will fix what's wrong in time to coast to the SEC west title.
                      Nobody better sleep on Ole Miss.
                      Oklahoma looked average, again. You can bet they will give Texas their best performance of the year though.
                      Penn St may be the best team in the Big 10.

Comment

We will learn alot about Texas next week.

Texas vs Tech

A&M vs Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          We will learn alot about Texas next week.

Texas vs Tech

A&M vs Arkansas

Yep . . 7 straight SEC games . .

Comment

I know it was central Michigan but it was good to see LSU seem like they have made some changes and continue to improve. Do I think they win out, no, but they should be able to be in every game they play, if they play like last night. Still a lot of improvement needed, especially o line, but a good team win last night.

Comment

What an ugly game. Pac12 after dark is becoming unwatchable with the flags and reviews. What sloppy play, dropped passes and blown plays. This should not be happening in Week 3. I made it to near the end of the 3rd quarter last night.

Comment

Tigers looked a lot better!! Glad to see that.

Comment

Working...
                                X