No announcement yet.

Gun safe advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a big gun safe at a business where they do keys. locks, safes and gun safes. It had been in a flood and the interior had been removed. I got it for 700.00 and when I looked it up online retail was 5000-6700 depending on where. It worked out very good for me as I like keeping my guns in the case. I have 30-ish rifles and they all fi along with the ammo I have

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      AMSEC Burglary & Fire...bigger than you think. I wouldn't even consider getting one up stairs.
      These are my exact thoughts. Love my amsec, but they are extremely heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
        Ok I can put safe on first floor in my office.

Wife said get a smaller one for upstairs.
        If you are willing to go downstairs, get a real refurbished commercial diamond retailor vault for about $5000 from Worldwide Safe in Florida call George at 800-932-2278.

It will weigh more than 4,000 lbs empty, no bolt down. Professionals that install these in jewelry stores every day will install it in your house.

They will paint it the color of your choice and give you the choice of two professional locks: digital, key, or mechanical combination.

Send me a PM for more info

Comment

Check these guys out. Made in Texas.
          Security Products craftsmen have manufactured fire rated safes since 1974. Each safe is handcrafted and configured for your needs.

Comment

Buy bigger then you think you want

Comment

I'd definitely go electronic lock. I bought mine with a really nice manual dial and hate it. Sure it's reliable but a PITA to get into. Don't even get me started on trying to walk the wife into opening it.
              For upstairs and the many guns, you should consider sacrificing a closet and building it out with a vault door.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                I'd definitely go electronic lock. I bought mine with a really nice manual dial and hate it. Sure it's reliable but a PITA to get into. Don't even get me started on trying to walk the wife into opening it.
                For upstairs and the many guns, you should consider sacrificing a closet and building it out with a vault door.
                What good is a vault door with sheetrock walls?

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                  I'd venture a guess that "build it out" means a whole lot more than just installing a vault door

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                    Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                    I'd venture a guess that "build it out" means a whole lot more than just installing a vault door
                    This. Lots of different ways to build to add security. Fire protection is the tough one, as not a lot of good ways to do it without getting really heavy.

Comment

Bigger than you think, so you don’t need 2 lol !
                      Wish they made a 150 gun safe

Comment

Working...
                      X