Shiras Moose-#25 is in the books!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Are you fishing Delaney Lakes, Boettcher or Lake John?

Always wondered how much pressure they get, seems most of Colorado comes to Wyoming to fish our lakes, lol.
    You got that right, wytex!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Are you fishing Delaney Lakes, Boettcher or Lake John?

Always wondered how much pressure they get, seems most of Colorado comes to Wyoming to fish our lakes, lol.
      I fished the north Platte until 2 pm then went to Delaney. Caught 7 up there but all were good ones.

Comment

About 2 pm I had to leave the north Platte as Jason had to go help with the elk hunters. I had a beer abd decided to go try Delaney lakes. I am not the world’s best lake fly fisherman but I did ok. Caught 7 and all were good ones. 2 on a giant black beetle dry and the rest on chironommids. All in all a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Mid day beer break! Been tough fishing. Have hooked 6 and landed 2 and got pics of 0. One rainbow on streamer and one brown on a nymph. I hooked a really big fish on a steamer but he did stay on long. Felt like I set the hook on a tarpon. Ow well, at least I’m not working.

Awesome and one of my favorite beers!

Comment

I think I caught the Delaney grand slam. Brown, rainbow and cutthroat. I should have run to the creek and caught another brookie!

Comment

A few more pics from today. I hate the pics I get when I by myself. But, if I don’t take pics my friends think I’m making stuff up.

Comment

HE!! YEA Doc!!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.Love your adventures.

Comment

Headed to fish and saw this guy. Pretty cool!

Comment

And this guy!

Comment

I always love the adventures, and I love your stories and pics, but I really like your hat!

Comment

You’re living right Doc!

Comment

Congrats Doc!!!

Comment

Landed a good one and broke one off. Will see how the day goes!

Comment

job well done Greg ... yesterday I shared your pics and post with a fellow bowhunting friend of mine, Tim Metcalf. Tim completed the archery Super Slam and told me to tell you CONGRATS, Keep at it Brother. He was very impressed with your Shiras as well as several other animals you harvested.

I asked Tim what was the hardest animal to hunt, and he said, "without a doubt, the Mtn Goat". Weather can change in an instant to blizzard like conditions sometimes cancelling the hunt for safety reasons. Then having to chase an animal that will climb to 12,000+ feet at crazy slope angles.

Tim's current bucket list animal is the Leopard. He's been to Africa twice and hunted on a 14-day and 21-day hunts. Both times he never got an oppty to shoot a male cat.

Comment

Congrats on your accomplishment!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X