Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How do you shoot dove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good advice in here on lead and aim point, it has always seemed that is the most common way people shoot.

Mine is a little different but may help some people that struggle. I'm sure I will get picked apart for the following..

I spot shoot, and I shoot better than "most people". Usually scratch 12-15 birds with a box of shells if they are flying slow and we see that much action. Method is this- See bird, shoulder gun, aim in front of birds beak, bam. I have done it like this as long as I have shot a shotgun- since the age of like 5 smashing hoodies and woodies with my single shot 20 in SWLA. I am not a clay shooter, I am a bird hunter. I was shooting for years before I heard anybody tell me I was supposed to swing through and lead them. Oh well. Worked this long I am not changing it.

Comment

I usually miss a few, say a few expletives, then magically I figure out how to hit them. Just gotta get the right level of mad

Comment

Shoot them where they eat, not where they chit

Comment

I would suggest you buy this book https://www.shootwhereyoulook.com/ , and learn to shoot with both eyes open. i did this many years ago and it helped me a ton. also you can watch the videos from Gil Ash on YouTube, he has great tips for wing shooting.

Comment

In da face !!!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X